$120K — $130K
The Program Manager, Learning and Development, designs, plans, implements, executes, and administers a training program within the company. The incumbent establishes and executes a program focused on leveraging classroom learning and developing simulation exercises to allow staff to mimic scenarios and atmospheres they will experience in the field during an emergency. The training program will be utilized to reinforce and assess core skills required to successfully perform key duties, adhere to safety protocols, and follow standard operating procedures. The Program Manager monitors program progress and facilitates discussions with senior leadership to identify additional training needs while establishing methods to measure and report on program success.
• Develops, designs, and delivers a training program that aligns workforce with key business goals and objectives. Closes gaps in knowledge and operational implementation to improve safety, compliance with procedures and documentation, and build staff confidence. Develops program based on adult learning theory principles.
• Formulates follow-up action plans to further provide support for staff who require additional assistance. Monitors and evaluates the training program training outcomes to ensures muscle memory is being built with each successfully completed drill.
• Aligns project objectives with departmental and organizational goals. Builds and maintains relationships with senior leadership team to provide progress reports and highlight progress vs company goals.
• Identifies specific safety related incidents, based on department audits, that should be addressed with training to increase understanding of policies, Standard Operating Procedures, regulations, and technologies. Builds a catalog of potential drills that encompasses incidents based on frequency and safety sensitivity.
• Develops methods for materials development, data analysis and management reporting. Ensures Safety related training and development issues are prioritized as the department has certification requirements that must be adhered to. Reviews and utilizes previous incident management scenarios to prioritize and produce future trainings.
• Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to plans and schedules. Identifies program problems and develops and re
• Develops and maintains organizational communications such as intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources. Delivers communication plans for staff, leadership and the executive team regularly. Considers staff and leadership feedback so the program remains relevant to all involved stakeholders.
• Advanced knowledge of adult learning principles (e.g. simulations for nurses or first responders) and an understanding of the pedagogical theories of how adults learn, process and retain information.
• Advanced knowledge of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to determine success of program and recommend areas of improvement
• Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and experience working in Learning Management Systems to build, maintain, and track learning objectives for program participants
• Advanced knowledge of the techniques and theory required to properly design and execute an occupational training program.
• Expert level skill in the development, design, and delivery of training programs.
• Advanced skill and experience in operationalizing simulations and drills around operational processes and procedures with tangible proven impact of delivery.
• Advanced skill and experience in measuring performance of training and identifying opportunities to impact operations
• Ability to direct program execution to the approved plan and provide guidance for all critical
steps to final assessments.
• Ability to create and implement communication plans to ensure all stakeholders are kept updated on program progress towards goals.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, AND HARDWARE REQUIRED:
• Rockwell Advanced Information Management (AIM) system
• Microsoft Office Suite to include word processing, spreadsheet, database, and scheduling computer applications
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Organizational Development or related field
• Ten or more (10+) years of relevant experience in training program design, delivery, and management (i.e., training specialist or consultant in organizational development)
• Certified Professional in Learning and Performance CPLP
• Master’s in Education or related discipline
• Previous experience working in a control center
• Experience building a training program from the ground up, from concept to execution
Background in professionalization of the force (i.e. former military or first responder)
Valid through: 12/18/2020