Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager Lead at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with Corporate Engineering teams to architect financeinfrastructure, systems and platforms that consolidate data sources and optimize/streamline processes, including key accounting transaction and close and consolidation cycles.
- Lead strategic initiatives across the global operations team. Work closely with leadership and a broader operations management team to develop organizational priorities, success measurement and team roadmaps.
- Setup Project and Program Management framework and best practices. Manage, coach and mentor Googlers for Program Management skills across the broader operations team.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15years of relevant work experience.
- 10 years of experience working with treasury systems and financial systems data modeling.
- Understanding of complex financebusiness models such as large-scale billing operations, accounting, business growth, tax and treasury.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a complex, globally scaled product, sales and Engineering environment, planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level - organized, detail-oriented, strategically focused.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technology solutions.
- Effective cross-functional Project and Stakeholder Management skills.