Job Title: Program Manager
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
This position provides overall direction and management to specific development and production contracts plus internal company programs while heavily influencing profit and loss (P&L). This role is responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance, active clearance preferred
- Manage proposal, design and development, product management, and internal research and development programs.
- Project Management
- Manages, with full authority, all phases of a project from inception to completion.
- Manage major projects and interface with all customers (internal and external) effectively.
- Manage day to day aspects of the project, including cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, communication, requirements management, and risk management activities.
- Conduct program reviews to ensure that product elements meet the contractual and business requirements.
- Manage budget and determine Estimate at Complete while identifying any cost growths and reasons for growth.
- Perform monthly program Earned Value analysis including EAC, CPI/SPI, and negative variance.
- Lead definition of project management plans (e.g. scope management plan, schedule management plan, budget, risk management plan, requirements, management plan, quality management plan, etc.)
- Achieves project objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Manage Product Development Processes including all phases of development, phase gate exit reviews and release to production.
- Proposal Development
- Lead work breakdown structure definition, cost estimation, risk estimation, and high-level schedule creation.
- Interpret RFP requirements and lead the creation of proposal approach and content.
- Internal Research and Development
- Manage small and agile teams to quickly and efficiently develop new technologies for project specific applications and new and emerging environments.
- Establish WBS and project management plan based on business needs for new IR&D given open scope and direction.
- Provide monthly budget, schedule, and status updates to Management for review and direction.
- Bachelor's degree required (engineering discipline is preferred) and minimum 6 years of prior related technical experience. Or Graduate degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related technical experience.
- Must have experience managing complex, multi-million dollar projects or programs.
- Experience in leading integrated product teams.
- Broad based knowledge and experience in order to manage and direct design and development activity across the engineering functions.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Earned Value (EVMS) experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Preferred experience in related DoD (Department of Defense) project/program management
- Sound reasoning and decision-making ability; strong analytical skills.
- Inclusive management style: able to lead and motivate team members and be comfortable with raising issues in a timely manner.
- Must be able to interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Contracts, Procurement, Quality, Administrative, and management personnel.
- Stellar communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills for internal and external customers.
- Strong practical organization, facilitation, and arbitration skills.