Position: Program Manager
Location: Kansas City, Kansas (REMOTE - This work will be done remotely, can work from home, however they need to be in the same region as indicated for some site visits during the project.)
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing all end to end access and core projects that span organizational boundaries including external vendors and multiple business areas within CenturyLink markets.
- Program Management methodology, budget management, change control and cost control.
- PM with at least 5 years of experience, need to be technical in Calix and Adtran equipment. Previous work with Telephony systems.
- Familiarity with managing construction, installation, turn up and testing projects. Central Office and Access experience necessary.
- Manages small, medium and large from simple to complex projects within the CenturyLink market
- Runs projects to deliver on-time, within budget and per customer specifications in accordance with Project Management Methodology Guidelines
- Identifies and manages third party vendors as required to ensure cost competitive quote submissions and profitability of completed jobs.
- Identifies skill set requirements for projects to ensure qualified personnel are assigned to projects/programs
- Translates generalized customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical plans
- Works effectively with internal and external clients, third party vendors and senior management in accomplishing project objectives
- Evaluates complex situations accurately and identifies viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the strategic and operational issues of the project and business unit
- Liaison and consultative skills; negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills. Experience communicating directly with end customers.
- Ability to advise on complex matters to non-specialists
- Demonstrated ability in managing internal and external client expectations on program requirements and deliverables
- Ability to identify risks and potential project issues and to know when and how to escalate proactively
- Skilled at requirements analysis and management
- Strong writing, mentoring, negotiation, communication and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets
- Strong integration skills; ability to coordinate all aspects of a project or program
- Experience using SAP a plus