Sparton (SPA) is a publicly traded leading contract design and manufacturing company with a specialization in electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies. Our customers include, Military, Medical, Biotechnology and Aerospace companies that are highly regulated with specialized needs.
Basic Purpose of Position: Plan and manage programs relative to attaining cost, schedule, and performance goals. Interface with customers (both internal and external) to communicate requirements such that all parties are working together to achieve the program goals.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Provide key technical and programmatic insight direct to the Business Unit Vice President and General Manager
- Manage the cost, schedule and design/production requirements of multiple jobs under direct control
- Responsible for P&L performance of program
- Manage program lifecycle: development, engineering, manufacturing & end-of-life
- Manage customer relationships: voice of the customer (VOC)
- Negotiate key issues with the customer, both financial and project based
- Identify growth opportunities within current programs
- Develop bid strategy and coordinate bid efforts
- Analyze financial information relative to bids and program progress
- Support BDM in customer pursuit and lead generation
- Key liaison between company and internal/external customers
- Prepare and supply information for annual sales plans and budgets
- All other duties as assigned
Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
- BA/BS in business, technical or related field
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal & communication skills
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience preferred
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Understanding of the Defense acquisition and budget process
- Proficiency in MS Project, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- 5- 7+ years government program management experience