$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The IT Program Manager successfully delivers program outcomes by coordinating and managing a series of interdependent IT projects, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and operational goals. The Program Manager steers cross-functional project delivery teams to drive adoption of best project management methodologies and to achieve optimal program performance. The incumbent will be responsible for completing the programs on time, on budget, while meeting established quality targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support IT Division heads with long-range planning and the development of multi-yeartechnology roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain, in partnership with the functional owners, program definition, documentation of overall program scope, objectives and KPI's.
- Monitor program performance and generate reports to highlight status, risks, issues and benefits throughout the program lifecycle
- Track and monitor financial forecasts, managing budget to actual expenses, and budgetvariances.
- Provide thought leadership in resolving issues and mitigating risks to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to specifications
- Use best practices and standard project delivery methodology.
- Coordinate cross-functional delivery teams and effectively manage resource plans to balance workload.
- Communicate effectively with leadership, stakeholders, and delivery teams.
NYU IT CORE BELIEFS
We demonstrate our core beliefs everyday in our interactions, attitude and performance.
People at the heart of everything we do: We listen to our clients, and colleagues, and use our expertise to anticipate and address their needs.
Create space to innovate: We challenge assumptions and seek out fresh perspectives and new ways of thinking to fuel our productivity.
Right promise. Right delivery: We set clear goals and priorities, and execute with speed and agility to deliver better results.
Share information. Build trust: We engage in open and honest communications that reflect inclusiveness, fairness and respect for each other.
Teams and partnerships work. Boundaries don't: We collaborate to maximize the value we bring to NYU because our best ideas come from working together.
Insist on excellence: We take pride in what we do, strive to improve constantly and hold ourselves accountable for the results.
Master's Degree in Business Administration or similar
5+ years of managing IT projects/programs/portfolios, including budget and resource allocation and management and 3+ years of supervisory experience.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
PMP certified. Demonstrable ability to lead and deliver strategically important projects through to completion. Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external people, both in formal and informal circumstances, and where necessary to gain their agreement and acceptance. Knowledge of cost management principles and practices to evaluate returns and risks of business solutions. Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to analyze and solve problems with innovative, creative solutions.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Valid Through: 2019-10-14