Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Program Manager, IT – International will be responsible for planning and delivery of multiple technology initiatives for the Universal Theme Park & Resort internationally. This role will be a mix of hands-on project management, product management, and system/infrastructure implementation aligned to a strategic business roadmap. This individual will provide technology support for Universal Creative, UPR, and other external partners working on the development of new Theme Park & Resort in other countries. The Program Manager will drive technical strategy, architecture decisions, and development; and manage technical project resources.
The individual will focus on developing detailed plans to implement systems/infrastructure aligned to multiple business groups like construction & development, guest services, revenue operations, food & beverage, technical services, and others. This role will include developing code, code reviews, writing test scripts, architecture/technology decisions, programming tasks; in addition to creating project plans, resource plans, risk identification, risk mitigation, and timelines.
IT System/Infrastructure Delivery:
- Partner with development team(s) to deliver new business capabilities through system implementations:
- Develop & manage project plans, GANT charts and user stories;
- Run SCRUM meetings and Stand-ups and IPM’s and maintain the AGILE methodologies;
- Manage the complete application & infrastructure development process including planning, design, implementation, testing, debugging and tuning, as well as iterative post-production enhancements for both ‘buy’ or ‘build’ solutions;
Technical project/program management:
- Assess project/program progress, and provide status updates to leadership;
- Evaluate project risk(s) and effectively create mitigation plans;
- Collaborate with business users, internal and external technology teams in order to deliver a scalable application that exceeds requirements ensuring compliance with enterprise standards;
- Establish good working relationships with project sponsors & external partners from business and technology groups;
- Drive and influence technology decisions regarding architecture, including data structures and algorithms; ensure information security & privacy policies are adhered to;
- Deliver high-quality, scalable, and maintainable software; contribute technically to projects;
- Develop and manage extensible, stable code bases for a variety of applications;
- Provide technical subject matter and thought leadership within the area of application/infrastructure development weighing the pros/cons of design and technology decisions;
- Evaluate various frameworks, technology and platforms to deliver world-class systems & infrastructure.
- Architect cohesive & innovative enterprise solutions that bridge operational systems, business intelligence, mobile & advanced capabilities;
SCOPE: Responsible for planning and delivery of multiple technology initiatives for the assigned Universal Theme Park & Resort international location.
- Minimum 5 -10 years experience with systems implementations;
- Minimum 5 -10 years experience with data integration, relational databases, and business applications;
- Minimum 5 -10 years hands on experience with meeting facilitation, task management, time management, taking minutes, managing documentation, and action item management in both formal and informal settings;
- Hands-on programming experience in an object oriented language such as C++, Java, and/or Ruby on Rails;
- Experience working in an Agile environment; knowledge of SCRUM framework a plus;
- Experience with network & hardware infrastructure used in guest facing environments; mobile & wifi infrastructure;
- Strong understanding of object oriented development, data structures, algorithms, use of design patterns and system;
- Strong technical understanding of Service Oriented Architecture;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills ;
- Self-motivated & accountable, with a high level of commitment to responsibility;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and communicate effectively with all stake holders;
- Experience in Theme Parks & Hospitality industry preferred;
- Experience working in global organizations, preferably to the country of the parks’ location;
- Proficiency in the foreign language of international location.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or Engineering (or equivalent relevant work experience). Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems is highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE: 5 -10 Years of technologyexperience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.