Program Manager, IS Project Management Office ( PMO )
This position will work collaboratively with leadership, intake and governance teams as well as IS groups required to deploy IS services. The Program Manager is the primary point of contact between executive leadership and the resource managers of all IS teams and is responsible for engaging executive leadership and communicating the progress of the program. The Program Manager is also accountable for working with and facilitating processes to accomplish complex program objectives, managing change and resolving issues that span project teams and departments by planning, organizing, directing and supervising program activities in a cost effective and productive manner to achieve customer satisfaction. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variables.
In this position you will:
- Develop projects within a program in alignment with the organization’s strategic plans and objectives.
- Build support to influence decisions in order to ensure work toward common objectives.
- Manage client expectations for timelines and deliverables from request through the project lifecycle.
- Develop and gain sponsor approval for the growth and expansion delivery dates.
- Develop root cause analyses and process improvement plans.
- Maintain all program artifacts.
- Identify, deliver and document organizational, application and human workflows that contribute to policy and procedure updates throughout each project if applicable.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree plus eight years experience in information technology, project management, healthcare administration or clinical field.
- Ten years experience leading large, diverse and complex projects.
- Expertise and experience with Project Management methodology based on project management principles.
- Experience in incorporating process improvement methodologies into large scale projects; Certifications in process optimization such as Six Sigma, Lean, CQIA or other nationally recognized certifications preferred.
- Experience facilitating complex decisions making among multiple executive stakeholders with different interests and priorities is essential.
- CAP, Workout and Lean education required as soon as available or within the first two years on the job.
- Skilled in strategic planning, program management, group motivation, discipline and diplomacy.
- Experienced in vendor/contract management and negotiations.
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and align with an organization, its structure and priorities.
- Demonstrated success managing other project managers, project portfolios and/or multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and/or strategic and tactical planning and execution including marketing, communications and financial planning.
- Demonstrated experience as a speaker in a professional presentation environment, such as conferences and association meetings.
- Demonstrated experience managing the process of design, development, integration and/or implementation of software products or facilities.
- Experience developing and implementing benchmarks and metrics in support of improved quality and process design.
- Ability to understand business or clinical strategies and plans, and their relationship to organizational strategies.
- Ability to utilize special equipment such as telephone and personal computer equipment; software including business applications, electronic medical record, practice management, financial management, project management and reporting. PC peripherals and other office or AV equipment such as digital projectors, fax, scanner, copier and others.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and current auto insurance.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior experience with Supply Chain, Finance, AP/Payroll, Workforce Management or HR projects preferred.
- Masters degree in a related field.
- Project Management Professional designation (PMI) Certification.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification
- Experience in enterprise software implementation of 50,000 + users
- Experience at a fortune 500 company or consulting company a plus
- Experience with creating and presenting executive level PowerPoint Presentation
- Experience with operational and capital project budgeting
- Fluent in MS Project
- Experience in Visio
- MBA a plus.