Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
Data powers all the decisions we make at Premera. It is the ‘secret sauce’ to help and improve the health of people we serve and improve the business and industry. While working in Corporate Data and Analytics, you will have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for the successful implementation of enterprise-wide initiatives focusing on the Interoperability program. This program is used to differentiate Premera’s products and services in the market and serve to increase the experience of our members. You will coordinate with key business and technical leaders across multiple departments to drive strategic alignment of individual program tracks. As Program Manager you will assist teams in defining, tracking, and attaining critical success measures, and aid in the design and implementation of the program deliverables. You will champion the program enterprise-wide and work with executives to define the interoperability strategy and report its progress.
What You’ll Do
- Provide corporate leadership for large-scale enterprise-wide initiatives, focused on Interoperability
- Manage execution of department strategic plan deliverables, including development of goals, objectives, and roadmaps
- Advise senior leadership on the project or initiative planning, tracking and implementation of key enterprise-wide strategic initiatives that include both business and system-related aspects
- Oversee all project activities and phases; responsible for program roadmap including definition, development, management of budget and project plans
- Lead project governance and the change control processes to ensure that project budget, schedule, and scope are maintained within the approved project baselines
- Manage vendor selection process, monitors vendor performance, and track deliverables
- Manage departmental planning process and performs independent analyses for a broad array of complex issues
- Identify and recommend suggested action steps based on analytic results, makes recommendations to management
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, technology systems or related field or 4 years’ work experience (Required)
- 7 years of project management experience (Required)
- 3 years leading and motivating teams
- Previous Program Manager experience in a Healthcare data-related field or interoperability capabilities
- PMP Certification
- Background and/or understanding of healthcare trends and technologies
- Working knowledge of clinical data flow is a plus
- Ability to maintain high quality cross-group relationships as well as drive and influence peers and other across the enterprise
- Breadth of knowledge across multiple lines of Premera’s business and provide subject matter expertise in departmental programs, business processes across the company
- Ability to effectively lead large multi-departmental teams to successful achievement of corporate initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions to complex multi-disciplinary problems, understanding potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factors these into solutions, and articulate features and benefits to appropriate business and management audiences
What we offer
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.