TROJAN BATTERY COMPANY
The Program Manager has a broad range of responsibilities across the organization, driving and executing technical programs. The position is responsible for planning, executing, delivering, and providing reporting on complex programs according to strict deadlines and budgets while delivering project objectives. This includes planning, cross functional resource management, budget tracking and controls, project execution, and other project management activities. This will include but will not be limited to defining and holding to project scope, meeting specification requirements, engaging in and leading cross functional and intradepartmental communication, issue tracking, risk management decisions and communication, and overall economics .
This individual works closely with senior management, cross functional project team members and other project managers to steer programs and business organizations toward achieving intended technical and business results. The Program Manager demonstrates exemplary leadership skills, positive attitude, strong organizational and teamwork skills, attention to details and a drive to meet deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams to deliver successful results.
- Demonstrated skills in project / portfolio planning, execution and management.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with project management and portfolio management software.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- History of demonstrated successful prior project management or leadership experience is required.
- A strong bias towards hands-on involvement and leadership by example
- Project management skills and ability to align team members around shared goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels in a team environment.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Proactive, results oriented, and have strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make structured decisions on a routine basis.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines.
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Projects).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- (Required) Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline, engineering considered a plus
- (Required) Minimum 5 years of Program or Engineering Management experience
- (Required) Battery experience
- (Required) Microsoft Project Software Experience
- (Preferred) Master’s Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
- (Preferred) PMP Certification
- (Preferred) Experience in New Product Introduction
- (Preferred) Lithium Ion Experience
- (Preferred) Manufacturing Environment Experience
- Bilingual/Spanish a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize, plan and guide the execution of programs moderate to large, accounting for all aspects necessary for the achievement of the end objectives on time and on budget.
- Make decisions daily which are related to successful implementation of programs. Those decisions can relate to budget, staffing, technical approach, business considerations, and execution among others. Decision making will be managed to the highest level commensurate with the skills and abilities of the senior program manager.
- Track, influence and report on budget compliance for programs, including working with team members and department personnel to control expenditures within budget.
- Provides technical program guidance and overall risk analysis for projects. Identifies, investigates and drives mitigations and solutions to key risk issues working with the associated project teams and management.
- Act as a leader of medium to large groups and be capable of working closely with highly skilled teams to identify problems and risks, scope solutions, make sound decisions and execute plans quickly and efficiently to preserve program performance metrics.
- Measures program performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, recommend required corrective actions and communicate to all team members, as well as executive management.
- Plays a key role in enforcement of product lifecycle and product development processes across the organization influencing cultural adoption as well as rigorous execution. Makes recommended changes to that process and drives those changes through program executions.
- Formalizes final acceptance for the project by ensuring that the delivered products and services comply with the agreed deliverables list, agreed scope, and organizational procedures. Reports to senior management and gains approval for release of project outputs and products.
- Communicate and collaborate with, many times leading, respective departments across the organization to effectively execute program activities
- Coordinate the interaction between departments and associated project resources to ensure appropriate changes are documented according to set processes and controls and verify that those changes have been implemented in the resultant products.
- Manage high impact and high visibility programs and strategic projects yielding significant program results and product lifecycle release targets. It is expected that these projects will have material impacts on the business both from a P&L perspective and from a strategic viewpoint.
- Identify, create and lead the coordination of multiple cross-functional program teams.
- Assist with the creation and adoption of project process improvement and program and governance management. Leverage industry recognized best practices, methodologies, and techniques in process adoption.
- Create project-based communications (i.e., minutes, status, and informational materials) and distribute information as appropriate.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Personally, and proactively provide relevant and appropriate communication regarding program status and progress to management and other constituents
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team members influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Review Scope of Work agreements with Contractors to assure work activities are being accomplished.
- Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with immediate team members and others across the organization
- Some travel required