Are you interested in diving into complex operational problems throughout Amazon's Global Customer Fulfillment (GCF) network? Are you willing to passionately advocate for your customers and partner across multiple teams to deliver strategic solutions? If so, the GCF Amazon Customer Excellency Systems Team (ACES) team is looking to hire a Program Manager III. The GCF ACES team aims to improve Amazon's global fulfillment as a unifying voice of the business to stakeholders throughout the supply chain. We deliver mechanisms and solutions that optimize processes, products, and systems that raise the bar on customer experience.
GCF ACES Program Managers are responsible for overall execution and performance within a specific process or area of operations. Within this area, our Program Managers establish process standards and expectations, define controllable and non-controllable inputs, and utilize data to identify opportunities to improve process stability and efficiency. Program Managers are responsible for coordination and communication across multiple stakeholder groups to drive improvements to their program. This includes deployment of new projects or changes, aligning with organizational goals, within their area of expertise. As a program manager you will write effective narratives (e.g., Amazon 6-pager, PR/FAQ, reporting, etc.) and present them effectively to directors and VPs.
This role exists on the GCF ACES Flow and CE Optimization team and will be responsible for implementing new and improving existing staffing and planning functions across all outbound processes.
Key job responsibilities
• Ability to manage complex programs, delivering critical solutions, significant improvements, new mechanisms, or deprecating processes that are no longer needed.
• Develop overall strategy for a large program and manage concept to delivery stage of the program.
• Apply project management best practices to increase productivity and effectiveness of the teams you work with.
• Simplify processes and judiciously add, refine, and remove procedures.
• Drive crisp decisions in your program area about what projects move forward and in what priority order.
• Proactively identify risks and bring them to the attention of your team and stakeholders with plans for mitigation before they become roadblocks.
• Communicate ideas effectively, verbally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences including Directors and VPs.
• Influence team priorities and business strategy through data-driven contribution.
• Foster a constructive dialogue, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus).
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | Tempe, AZ, USA
- 5+ years of program or project management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- 3+ years of driving process improvements experience
- Master's degree, or MBA in business, operations, human resources, adult education, organizational development, instructional design or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $92,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.