T’s Program Manager III day-to-day responsibilities will include participation and engagement in key program/project meetings from the start of the initiative through to go live with the intent of providing messaging expertise and building communication timelines that align with the program’s operational timeline. Maintain and build ongoing relationships with the IT leaders (including CIO, ACIO’s, Medical Directors, and Executives) program/project sponsors, internal IT project teams (as well as contracted technology teams), IT project managers and the clients they support throughout the enterprise.
This role will act as an advocate and knowledge expert for our internal caregivers to ensure the technology changes, updates and enhancements are collaboratively planned and translated in a way that is accurate, easy to understand, has a clear call to action, includes appropriate training and education materials and is delivered at the right time, in the right places, to the right people. Also, key to this role is interviewing and writing success, partnership and engagement stories highlighting the collaborative work IT teams do to advance the strategic goals of the IT Division and the organization as a whole.
The Program Manager III is also responsible for the daily maintenance and content updates to our internal IT websites and creating content and disseminating the bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly IT newsletters. As necessary, create brief communication updates and/or any other pertinent messaging related to IT updates that will impact our Cleveland Clinic caregivers.
Additionally, this role works in close collaboration with corporate communication team members to effectively plan and accurately execute the publication of articles, announcements and key messages that impact our caregivers. Publish on appropriate intranet sites, as identified by corporate communication.
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills are essential
• Confident communicator and presenter
• Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Project manager and/or communication consultant in developing communication strategies for corporate and multidisciplinary projects, publications or collateral for various client areas including administrative, clinical, research and education institutes or departments.
- Acts as liaison between client areas and marketing staff.
- Ensures deadlines and timelines are adhered to including overseeing deadlines of freelance writers.
- Functions as sole contact to specific institute or department leadership.
- Collaborates with client areas and graphic designers to determine appropriate graphic presentation of copy.
- Conducts interviews with physicians, institute/department chairmen, clinicians, patients and other sources.
- Writes and edits copy for newsletters, brochures, direct mail pieces, displays and other collateral materials, as well as speeches and copy for the Web.
- Supervises junior writers and/or freelance writers.
- Conducts secondary research for publication development.
- Oversees enterprise-wide and multidisciplinary clinical projects such as annual reports and special one-time publications.
- Serves on various committees throughout the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field.
- Master's degreepreferred.
- None required
Complexity of Work:
- Excellent writing, editing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Strong working knowledge of all forms of communication (print and electronic).
- Demonstrated ability to organize and handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Effective interpersonal skills needed to conduct interviews with physicians, nurses, patients and people at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Must be self-motivated and have a demonstrated ability to produce quality results.
- Ability to work closely with senior leadership and in team environments.
- Creativity and experience with publication production a plus.
- Knowledge of communication practices in healthcare or another industry(ies).
A minimum of five years of related experience; health care setting preferred.
Master's Degree may substitute for one year of experience.
Knowledge of statistical and financial analysis, primary research and business plan development.
Demonstrated team, leadership, organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting. Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.