Under limited direction of management, the Program Manager II is responsible for managing and implementing new regulatory programs of significant complexity for finance operations. This will include analysis, assessment, implementation and maintenance for state and federal programs. Program Manager II is also responsible for taking part in larger cross functional and/or corporate projects that affect ongoing finance operations regulatory programs. Assigned regulatory programs will have high visibility to external customers, vendor relationships and multiple internal business areas. The Program Manager II will promote and apply standard program/project management methodology and employ departmental tools and templates in accordance with existing standards. By using knowledge of the company, the Program Manager II is able to coach and mentor less experienced departmental team members and assigned project managers and is able to influence project owners, sponsors, and senior management.
- Responsible for proactively managing all ongoing regulatory programs and the timely and accurate implementation of new regulatory programs into the finance operations department. Manage all phases of regulatory program(s)/project(s) to ensure goals and objectives are met within the established time and budget guidelines. Effectively resolve roadblocks to project progress. This includes project plan management, driving IT & vendor business requirement documentation, leading enterprise cross-departmental project team workgroup meetings, driving test case development, ensuring completion of user acceptance testing (UAT), and effective stakeholder communication/management. Must work in collaboration with assigned project manager(s) and engage with subject matter experts (SMEs) when necessary.
- Also responsible for evaluating the accuracy and efficiency of ongoing regulatory business processes, including ensuring consistency across business lines. This includes escalating issues/risks and recommending solutions, documenting/communicating key decisions and/or changes to regulatory programs and developing and/or updating workflows, policies and procedures. Engage with the business analytics team or IT to develop new or update existing reporting/analytics to support regulatory programs.
- Responsible for taking part in larger cross-functional and/or corporate assessments and projects that affect ongoing finance operations regulatory programs. Identify plan to implement changes into existing framework. Ensure goals and objectives are met within the established timeframe. This includes participating in workgroup and corporate project management office (CPMO) meetings, driving business requirements and test case development, ensuring completion of UAT, and providing project status updates to finance operations management team. Must work in collaboration with assigned project manager(s).
- Responsible for ongoing day to day vendor relationship management of assigned vendors that support finance operations regulatory programs. This involves managing multi-faceted vendor initiatives to ensure timely completion of project commitments and a smooth implementation. Responsibilities include contract maintenance, service level agreement (SLA) monitoring, vendor check-in meetings, statement of work (SOW) review, invoice maintenance and forecast/budget submissions.
- Also responsible for managing the request for proposal (RFP), vendor selection, contract and vendor onboarding process in collaboration with procurement if a new application or service is required to support finance operations regulatory programs. This would include either preparing a business case to present to corporate agenda management (CAM) or submitting a global prioritization (GP) request to IT.
- Responsible for managing all external regulatory audits that impact finance operations. This includes leading cross-departmental workgroup meetings, and effective stakeholder communication.
- Perform other responsibilities as required, including responding to internal audit requests, documenting policies and procedures, providing training to team members and participating in other regulatory departmental initiatives as needed.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, with a concentration in accounting or finance preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5+years of related experience, which should include at least three years managing complex cross-functional programs/projects.
- Previous experience in regulatory, compliance, accounting, finance and/or operations required, within the healthcare insurance industry preferred.
- Prior experience in program/project management, process management change functions and mentoring and providing oversight to more junior staff required. Project management certification a plus.
- Requires a high level of competency with applying program/project management techniques, tools and methods, including stakeholder and vendor management, risk assessment, and communication planning. Requires the ability to identify risk out of the larger picture and to make decisions that serve the best interests of THP.
- Highly organized, self-motivated & detail-oriented leader with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and have the professional accountability and flexibility to adapt to changing processes and timelines.
- Proven ability to lead program/project team in dynamic situations, manage multiple, complex responsibilities, and be effective working autonomously to meet multiple deadlines.
- Requires the ability to analyze and resolve complex operational issues and the ability to appropriately prioritize and escalate issues.
- Excellent process management, project management, presentation and analytical skills.
- Independent judgment, critical thinking and timely and sound decision making abilities.
- Excellent problem solving, team collaboration, and relationship building skills are essential.
- Demonstrate flexibility, commitment and resiliency in times of business and organizational change.
- Ability to interpret new regulations and business ideas and understand the finance operations implication to processes and applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all departments & organizational levels across Tufts Health Plan as well as external customers, vendors, auditors, and government agencies. Ability to influence as appropriate.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word. Proficiency in project management software tools (e.g. Smartsheet, JIRA, and Kanban) or analytical query/report writing tools (e.g. Cognos) is a plus.