The Operations Program Manager (PM) will lead project teams to manage and meet customer expectations, with ultimate responsibility for on-time, on-budget program execution. The programs we manage are new or existing technologies related to software and electronics-based (Class II and Class III) medical device technology.
The PM is the day-to-day contact with customers to manage the customer’s project. These projects primarily consist of manufacturing transfers but may include Operations VIP projects. This PM also leads internal project teams which may include product development, manufacturing, quality and supply chain core team members
The Operations PM may manage programs of various scope and complexity (e.g. program cost, number and type of customers and internal teams, contract or technical complexity). Operating in a matrixed environment, this PM will interface with customers, engineers, functional managers and Minnetronix’ leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Sales Team lead and develop estimates and proposals for new business opportunities such as the transfer of new manufacturing opportunities as well as proposals and addendums for follow-on work with existing customers, with limited oversight.
- Lead customer interactions for individual programs, with a strong focus on customer expectation management. Will include a moderate level of business negotiation (e.g. significant scope/cost changes, billing disputes.)
- Develop, maintain and execute to program plans and communicate program status to customer(s) and internal teams.
- With limited oversight, direct and coordinate program activities (schedule adherence, program budget, plan tracking, milestones, scope changes, design-to-cost objectives, manufacturing transfer, plan updates, and weekly team meetings) while leading personnel responsible for specific functions throughout the life cycle phases of program. Guide successful completion of moderately challenging projects though collaboration with Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Regulatory Affairs, and outside consultants and suppliers.
- Will manage multiple projects and customers, generally of medium size and complexity and may typically have 2-5 active programs.
- Lead cross-discipline teams in a matrix organization.
- Responsible for control and communications of project/program level risks, issue management, and project quality.
- With Engineering, identify and execute opportunities for continual process improvement in Minnetronix’ product development processes.
- On occasion, identify creative opportunities to add value to individual customers’ programs and products and provide value for Minnetronix, beyond defined project scope and constraints.
- B.S. or M.S. required preferably in technical field; PMP certification a plus.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a customer-facing product development or operations role. Experience in work in an operations environment preferred.
- Experience in the contract engineering service business preferred.
- Knowledge of electronics-based medical device technology, including the development cycles fo
- Proven ability to manage medium-scale projects.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Project to develop schedules, allocate resources, and establish program budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to convey business and technical concepts to a diverse customer base and to internal technical teams in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of teams with many disciplines ranging from management to staff to technicians.
- Excellent independent work ethic and organizational skills.
- Understanding of FDA, ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 required.
- Experience with all phases of new product development, from concept through commercialization, preferred but not required.