The Program Manager II is responsible for all phases of assigned program activity, including planning, direction, control, reporting, customer interface, and program execution. They provide rigorous program status assessment and evaluation through complete understanding of Customer expectations on product delivery, quality, and satisfaction. The Program Manager II supports, motivates and holds accountable integrated Product Team members and is also responsible for: financial performance, schedule management, program team management, performance measurement, and overall program execution in assigned areas of responsibility. They will also contribute recommendations to Head of Programs, EPW for strategic and tactical planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Integrated Product Teams to successfully deliver against program commitments; resulting in increased customer satisfaction and program profitability.
- Ensure alignment of program management methodology while influencing production planning and day to day issue resolution.
- Provide direction to the Operations and functional support teams that have responsibility for the cost, quality, schedule, supplier and subcontract management, contract structure and pricing.
- Improve efficiency by deploying Lean tools wherever possible.
- Responsible for achieving programmatic P&L targets.
- Responsible for the successful execution of all Program Contract Requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all program contractual obligations are met by producing products according to specifications.
- Manage long and short-term program plans, including budget and capital expenditure needs.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
- Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, or an additional 2+ years of experience combined with education required.
- 5+ years of Program Management experience, including experience in an aerospace environment, required.
- 2+ years of leadership experiencerequired.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Knowledge in all processing disciplines and proficiency in the fundamentals of Program Management, finance and LEAN principles.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills,e.g., Microsoft Project, Excel.