Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Bid & Proposal
- Develop a comprehensive technical and programmatic solution in response to requests for proposal
- Prepare cost estimates
- Work with procurement department to obtain and manage subcontractors
- Assist with negotiations
- Identify new business opportunities
- Coordinate technical activities of project
- Work on problems of diverse scope where a better understanding of theory and broader knowledge is required.
- Validate or monitor research & developmental aspects of project to ensure compliance with technical requirements
- Develop project management plan and establish goals and objectives for projects of limited scope and financial impact
- Manage the human, financial and operational resources necessary to meet contractual and company related obligations of the project to ensure profitability.
- Resolve project work/scheduling problems by reprioritizing activities
- Evaluate potential project risk and develop mitigation plan
- Implement project work breakdown structure.
- Control project schedule and cost.
- Execute the project review cycle process
- Analyze and validatebudget changes
- Monitor and control the billing milestones schedule
- Validate and approve budget and schedule change orders
- Maintain the project budget at completion
- Manage the project forecasts
- May act as primary liaison with customer on project matters such as securing customer acceptance
- Discuss alternative solutions with customer including contractual changes
- Deliver results which achieve lasting satisfaction with customer and achieve financial goals
- Recommend and participate in improvement initiatives
- Make recommendations regarding recruiting and other human resources activities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years Program Management experience supporting DoD programs
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or Board of Directors.
- Advanced mathematical skills are required. Possess complex financial managerial skills to include budgetary and proposal activities. A basic knowledge of accounting is mandatory.
- Able to reason, plan, direct, and evaluate situations to make appropriate recommendations and take actions beneficial to the program and the company as a whole.
- Able to demonstrate leadership ability with complex reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Must display tact and self-discipline necessary to interface effectively with customers, vendors, and all levels of management, employees, and the general public
- Knowledge of flight simulator industry
- Navy experiencepreferred
- Experience managing the development of proposals
- Strong knowledge of program budget and schedule development and management
- PMP Certified preferred'