$150K — $200K *
Responsible for all aspects of the design, development, implementation, and successful delivery of assigned software development projects.
• Leads multiple project teams to Plans, develops, manages, and deploys software development activities and projects throughout the entire development lifecycle using agile management methodologies.
• Provides oversight and strategic direction in support of government managers and escalates issues when needed.
• Oversees and monitors progress to ensure projects are delivered on time.
• Coordinates cross-project activities and manages interdependencies.
• Prepares formal status reports regarding the status, budget, risks, etc. of projects.
• Monitors progress, manages resources, and ensures overall quality and completion of projects and applications.
• Develops, implements, and manages processes to support successful and efficient project delivery.
• Works with the users and development team to determine project requirements, scope, timeline, and budget and to monitor and track change requests.
• Implements, tracks, monitors, and reports on the progress of software development projects.
• Develops work plans, estimates, and schedules and directs and assigns tasks.
• Conducts project meetings with development team and customer stakeholders and interfaces with other teams such as the operations and security teams to meet project requirements.
• Acts as a single point of contact for project information and manages customer and management expectations and relationships through timely communications
•A Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is required
•Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong customer service skills, keen attention to detail, flexibility in adapting to changing environment, timely follow-through, and a commitment to learning new skills are required.
•Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills and the willingness to be proactive and take initiative are required.
•The ability to build and use effective working relationships and to work independently as an effective team player are required.
• Expert knowledge of project management principles and processes, e.g., budget and resource control, cost/benefit analysis, risk management, scheduling, metrics development and utilization, and analysis, in order to provide authoritative guidance in these areas; assess the quality and potential for success of projects; prioritize and integrate various projects; and resolve complex project management issues.
• Knowledge of the Federal budget process and fiscal policies and regulations.
• Ability to plan, program, develop and execute multi-year plans in order to ensure that complex, highly sensitive projects remain on schedule.
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills in order to confer with subordinates, peers and management officials at all levels both within and outside the Agency, as well as contractors, and advise on assigned projects; develop, present, and justify program and project recommendations and suggestions; participate in and conduct lectures and briefings; articulate and defend recommendations and decisions; produce coherent reports, policy recommendations, guidelines and instructions, and explain the results of technical analysis including assumptions, rationale, conclusions and recommendations; explain budget and material needs; develop policies and procedures; develop Statements of Work; and exchange information with post personnel, contractors, and other engineers and/or architects.
This position oversees the day-to-day activities of one or multiple IT Project Administrators.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The preponderance of the work is performed in an office-type setting, with adequate lighting, heating/cooling, ventilation, and protection from the elements. However, conditions in overseas posts/facilities may vary depending on the stage of construction and the location. Travel may be to countries which typically do not have the same sanitary, healthcare, and environmental conditions that exist in most of the United States. Medical precautions in the form of inoculations or other preventive medicines are routinely required. Some overseas locations require special precautions regarding food and water consumption and personal safety.
The contractor must be physically able, with reasonable and realistic accommodation where appropriate, and agreeable to conduct on-site investigation of facilities, project sites and building systems in a variety of climates, site locations, and working conditions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Hours for this full time position will be the core hours of the Department of State: 40 hours a week, 8 hours per day.
The position may require additional hours outside the standard CONUS (or OCONUS hours if any) as listed in the previous statement. Supplemental hours may not be used without prior authorization of the Contracting Officer’s Representative.
Travel may be required for this position; however, the Contracting Officer’s Representative must approve all travel prior to the commencement thereof.
The work is mostly sedentary. However, frequent international travel for periods less than 30 consecutive calendar days per trip is required, which can be extremely taxing both physically and psychologically, may involve long transits, layovers and time zone dislocation, and may involve multiple modes of air, land, rail, and water transportation to reach final destinations. There is considerable walking while traveling and the contractor must be capable of bending, crouching, stretching, etc., when making site visits.
The contractor must be available for overseas travel for extended periods of time, and to work extended work hours in conjunction with contractor schedules while at overseas project sites.
• Must possess ten years of program management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, technology, or management discipline or related field or equivalent work experience directly within functional area preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• SAFE knowledge
Must be a U.S. citizen. This position requires a Secret security clearance. However, the candidate may begin with an interim Secret security clearance.
Valid through: 7/6/2021