This job is responsible for the successful definition, implementation and delivery of complex programs that requires cross-functional collaboration and interdependencies between a group of projects and/or related activities within the constraint of scope, quality, time and budget and under circumstances involving multiple moderate-probability, moderate-impact risk factors. Manages a matrix group of employees and contractors who serve on project teams and/or within departmental work groups to achieve a coordinated benefit.
- Work with management to assemble project teams and work groups to produce deliverables required to achieve the objectives of a defined corporate program. Lead project managers and work group leaders in the development and maintenance of comprehensive plans for a defined corporate program.
- Organize, direct and coordinate cross-functional activities to focus corporate resources on the successful delivery and implementation of the desired results for a defined corporate program and/or strategic initiative.
- Work with the executive sponsor of a corporate program (VP or higher), and other management as required to achieve the objectives of a defined corporate program. Acquire detailed understanding of the business objectives for an assigned area.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress, alignment and financial “health” of a cross-functional group of projects and related activities which together, constitutes a defined corporate program. Direct corrective action as needed to maintain the viability of the program. If required - Report to the executive team/sponsor/steering committee on the progress, business impacts and strategies around the program(s).
- Assess risks that might jeopardize successful achievement of the desired results of a program, develop risk mitigation strategies and tactics, and implement risk mitigation plans.
- As needed - Partners with procurement to develop and execute strategies related to the service/asset contracts.
- As needed - Manages the vendor to the responsibilities outlined in the contract and statement of work.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Technology Management-related area of study
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Technology Management-related area of study
- 8 -10 years of work experience in project management
- 8+ years of work experience delivering business solutions using information technology
- PMP or Certification in Project Management