We are looking for Program Manager - Healthcare Domain for our client in San Francisco, CA
Job Title: Program Manager - Healthcare Domain
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Support Veradigm Data Services team by providing project management on key high-profile initiatives.
- Define overall work breakdown structure, detailed tasks, and assess impacts on other projects and development teams.
- Ensure adherence to common processes, such as the company Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Work with Data Service team leaders to define, estimate & schedule specific stories and tasks to achieve project scope. Provide a platform for communication and relationship management -- engage stakeholders for buy-in, relieve bottlenecks & complexity. Provide performance monitoring, information and reporting; help diagnose root cause of problems.
- Identify and escalate critical issues in timely manner.
- Serve as the primary interface to external teams – legal, compliance, procurement, etc.
- Ensure teams are taking corrective action as necessary to deliver complete scope, desired quality and timeliness of strategic programs.
- Keep team apprised via project plans, meetings and discussion minutes of project tasks identified, tasks to be completed, and work not completed.
- Run daily scrum, organize and execute project definition, story development, sizing activity, grooming, etc.
- Identify resource needs and competencies
- Set and communicate team/individual responsibilities
- Raise concerns timely to leadership regarding mismatch on required project team member's competencies
- Allocate work load to fully utilize every program team member's talent
Skill Set Desired:
- 5+ years' relevant project management experience, plus at least 7 years relevant business experience.
- 5+ years' experience participating in an agile software development environment as either a project manager, program manager, or software developer.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant business / information technologyexperience.
- Demonstrable project management skills, including influencing, communications and tracking skills, and planning and organization.
- Solid knowledge of project management methodologies, tools & techniques. Strong ability to collaborate with individual contributors to define business process issues, analyze operational efficiencies, implement creative solutions, and measure delivery results
- Healthcare industry experience
- PMP Certification
- Hands on software development experience (e.g. you have worked as a programmer in the past)
- Full lifecycle experience building a large-scale data/analytics platform
- Jira experience
- Academic and professional qualifications
- PMP Certification required.
- Successful completion of Bachelor's degree or relevant business / information technologyexperience.
- Strong and demonstrable project management skills, including influencing, communications and tracking skills, and planning and organization.
- Lean Six Sigma or other special certifications helpful.
- In-depth knowledge of project & program management methodologies, tools & techniques
- Solid leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Solid ability to collaborate with individual contributors and business leaders to define business process issues, analyze operational efficiencies, implement creative solutions, and measure delivery results.
- Strong conviction in the role of program management and willingness to take on challenges.
- Solid understanding of corporate environment and business metrics, with ability to propose solutions for their achievement.
- Minimum 5 years relevant project management experience and typically has 10+ years relevant business experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple concurrent projects, and ability to define work breakdown on complex projects.
- Occasional as warranted by project work
- Frequency will vary depending on project requirements
- Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer, having meetings and on conference calls.