Harris Corporation in Dulles, VA is looking for a Senior Program Manager will be the primary customer point of contact and will work closely with our customers on an almost daily basis directing teams of engineers and technicians on simultaneous hardware and software development projects. Our proximity to our customers and the dynamic nature of our programs requires frequent face-to-face communication and interaction with our customers to ensure program success.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide program management for full life-cycle development of custom communications devices and systems, including definition of system requirements, design, development, integration, testing, and deployment.
- Act as primary customer point of contact responsible for meeting contractual commitments including the cost, schedule, technical, and quality performance of assigned program(s) within contractual boundaries, company expectations, and established standards.
- Responsible for growing the program and its product(s) by ensuring ongoing customer satisfaction of current contractual requirements, working with the customer to identify future product and system enhancements and refinements, and identifying and pursuing additional markets and customers for the solutions(s).
- Work across inter-company segments to identify opportunities to transition existing technology into new or enhanced product offerings.
- Establish program strategy, vision and tactical direction for program execution by technical team and sub-contractors.
- Direct all phases of program from inception through completion.
- Review program status and budget; manage schedules and prepare status reports for customers and senior management.
- Work closely with systems, RF, digital, software and mechanical engineers and technicians.
- Lead the development of the program’s integrated masterschedule and establishment of key program milestones.
- Track program performance to integrated masterschedule, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Direct the work of personnel assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Develop new business or expand the product line with the customer.
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals, proposal work statements, specifications, and program budgets.
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline required. M.S. is preferred.
- 10 plus years of full life-cycle product development related experience in a government contracting environment required.
- Experience leading a technical team in the design, development, test and production of wireless communications systems including both device development and back-end systems, especially for satellite-based communications.
- Experience with develop and maintenance of 24/7 operational networked systems subject to ongoing government cyber-security regulations and updates.
- Experience with managing projects with unspecified or negotiable requirements on both cost plus and fixed price contract types. Project experience should include management of complex subcontractor relationships and oversight of subcontractor activities from a prime contractor perspective.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with an active Secret Security Clearance and clearable to the TS/SCI level.
- PMP Certification or equivalent desirable.