Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
The Teradata Strategic Offering Management (SOM) organization is looking for a highly motivated, self-driven Program Manager to join the Program Management Office (PMO), to assist in defining project management processes, standards and governance, and align the Product Portfolio to Teradata’s Strategic Vision.
The SOM Program Manager will report to the SOM PMO and assist in cross-functional governance and alignment of core Teradata products and processes. The Program Manager will assist and advise Offering Sponsors, Innovation Managers, and related teams on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, highly technical environment. The Program Manager will also drive the successful adoption and execution of the SOM Product and Services Portfolio Management and Business Road Mapping under the direction of the SOM PMO.
Additionally, the SOM Program Manager will lead and support the product and services leadership team in the synthesis of all product planning and data, including alignment to company strategy and goals, and synchronization with the execution teams to deliver the highest-quality products. Elements of the program will include developing and driving program strategy with input from SOM PMO and business stakeholders, team coordination and communication, providing details for project and training plans, account creation and maintenance, risk/issues management, coordination with IT and tools management, and updates to leadership.
• Minimum US Permanent Residency
• Minimum five years in the technology industry as a Project, Program or Product Manager with the ability to demonstrate prior execution of medium-to-large scale implementations.
Previous Work Experience
• Demonstrated PMO/Project Analyst or Coordinator experience and knowledge of project management.
• Experience in directing cross-functional teams with multiple stake-holders, to drive the Product Development Life Cycle in an agile fashion.
• Demonstrated capabilities in problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills, with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
• Experience with multiple project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Rapid Application Development, etc.) Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, to include Project, Visio
• PMI – Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification or recognized equivalent preferred
• Agile/Scrum Certification preferred
• 4-Year degree from accredited university or college (in preferred areas of Technology or Business/Finance/Engineering)
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.