About The Opportunity
About the opportunity
GKN is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by road or air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
The Program Manager will provide P&L leadership and day-to-day focus on the proper execution of actions necessary for the on-time delivery, first time quality and profitability of products and services. You will manage customer facing programs in steady state production (post LCG 6) at a single site and provide business leadership to ensure the contractual requirements are delivered and the business results are achieved.
Who you’ll work with
The Program Manager will report to the Head of Programs for the Site and work directly with our customers.
What you’ll do
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
· Functional Responsibility
· Customer Service
· Program Performance
· Contract and Business Case Fulfillment
· Team Leadership
· Operational Responsibility
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Engineering, Manufacturing, Mathematics, Science or Finance)
- Minimum 5 years aerospace or manufacturing industry
- Roles within one or more of the following functions:
· Supply Chain Management (Buyer, Specialist, Manager)
· Manufacturing Engineering
· Commercial (Contracts) Management
· Program or Project Management
· U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
· Add additional candidatequalifications that represent an ideal candidate including: education, certifications, experience, or behavioral attributes that compliment the requiredqualifications.
· Six Sigma Green Belt+ Certification
- Demonstrated people management success including hiring and performance management as well as maintaining high levels of engagement among the technical staff
- Program Management Professional Certification from industry organization such as PMI.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)