IMPACT and OPPORTUNITY
The Program Manager is the primary contact with customers on programs. This includes managing program activities from program kick-off through production launch.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and execute program timelines, milestones and program commitments made with the customer.
- Maintain EBITDA/Gross Margin by program per negotiated business award.
- Ensuring that a clear line of communication occurs between customer base, Gentherm and all key personnel are engaged throughout the program lifecycle.
- Manage/ensure the following processes are executed: Prototype Orders, RFQ Process, Tooling Orders and ramp up material planning for start of production
- Follow up to ensure costing receives necessary data to develop quote.
- Ensure programs are within budget at program end and for the life of the program.
- Lead the Program Team to identify and achieve Continuous Improvement /cost reductions on programs.
- Ensure customer involvement where necessary to achieve Continuous Improvement objectives by program to increase overall program margin.
- Develop a detailed program plan, resource requirements and overall costs to launch the program with the Program Team and present status updates at executive program review meetings.
OTHER CORE FUNTIONS
- Manage core team, customer relationship, and program open issues to ensure program milestones are achieved and information is maintained in PLM system
- Elevate red risk items to Top Management for immediate response and resolution on show stopper issues.
- Manage, capture and process engineering changes for the life of the program.
- Ensure that appropriate technical interface during the product development cycle is established and maintained with the customer including providing support during field failures or other failed components when necessary.
- Participate in program launches, customer audits or conferences at Gentherm and/or customer plants as necessary.
- Responsible to maintain relevant customer information and systems such as APQP status, program milestones and ECN updates in the PLM system
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-7 years of automotive experience
- Automotive program/project management experience
- Working knowledge of APQP and IATF 16949, ASPICE and ISO 26262 functional safety
- Experience with automotive seat systems and/or interiors is a plus
- Agile/lean experience in a product owner or scrum master role, organizations leveraging lean/agile methodologies and in-depth experience with specific agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban (nice to have)
- Experience with IBM Jazz or similar collaborative lifecycle management tools