5 - 7 years experience •
Microsemi, DPG -- SPM has a key opening in our Garden Grove office for a Program Manager. This key position is responsible for the management, performance, development, and completion of major programs from inception to product delivery.
The Space and Power Management Group (SPM) is the power systems division of Microsemi Corporation and a leading designer, manufacturer marketer of high performance modules and systems in Power Management. Our primary market is in Space Systems and other high reliability applications such as flight critical aviation systems. We see ourselves as partners to our customers and define and provide differentiated solutions that address system and sub-system level challenges. We place great emphasis on validated solutions that work right the first time.
- Overall project management responsibilities including planning, leading teams to implement deliverables, task completion, and maintaining effective communications with Microsemi and customer stakeholders
- Develop and maintain timely status reports on programs
- Prepare and evaluate expenditures, cost reports
- Working with finance team, prepare monthly ETC/EAC calculations
- Prepare program resource reports and financial reports on programs
- Monitor technical progress in support of design development programs
- Manage major manufacturing programs
- Generate and maintain Project program schedules (IMS)
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and sales forecasts
- Conduct program meetings/ kick-off meetings
- Be the focal point for customers on program and manage all correspondence with customer
- Understand industry specifications as they apply to assigned products and processes.
- Liaise with Program Managers and Business Development personnel to build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the projects.
- Correspond with key customers in a timely manner to define specifications, provide status updates and address any issues that may arise.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- BS degree in Business Management, or Technical discipline such as electrical or mechanical engineering
- 5 years Program Management experience in aerospace field and/or government contracts
- Strong expertise using MS Project
- Good working knowledge of various contract types, Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus, Time & Material (T&M) contracts
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3)
- Accounting and finance experiences
- Familiarity with high reliability electronics manufacturing processes
- Experience with design development programs in power electronics
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification