General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to join our Lasers and Advanced Sensors Program Management team located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
This position typically reports to a Senior Program Manager and is responsible for the planning, managing and technical performance of one or more developed or mature engineering program(s) contained at a single location. Manages programs which have well defined program plans and delivery methodologies. Leads all phases of assigned program(s) from initiation through delivery. Responsible for program(s) which represent stable growth. Applies established technologies using standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems. Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate technical leads. Responsible for decisions that could impact outcomes where erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and expenditure of additional time and resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all phases of the program(s) from conceptualization through completion, including acquisition, planning, and managing technical performance to ensure quality, business, and financial objectives are attained.
- Develop and coordinate program plans or delivery methods which usually serve a single customer.
- Participate with technical staff and/or Division/Group executive management to develop and implement current, annual, and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the program(s). May also contribute to the development of Group/Company objectives.
- Participate with engineering to establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, testing and integration.
- Interact with internal and external representatives at various levels concerning resolution of technical and scheduling issues. Act as primary contact for program issues.
- Influence, and coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s). Influence contract acquisitions, negotiations and modifications.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Act as the primary customer contact for program activities and may lead program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Identify program issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specification.
- Contribute to the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities. May participate with Group management in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the Group/Company and may result in new products, programs and business opportunities.
- Manage the development of and ensure the security of proprietary technology, and maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering, science or a related technical field as well as nine or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least five of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and application of program management principles, concepts, and practice as well as program management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of technologies across program requirements.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Job ID#: 21336BR