The goal of the Program Manager within Services is to ensure customer success, focusing both on reactive support and pro-active services to enable the customer to successfully deploy their Forcepoint solution set. The Program Manager is the liaison between the deployment team and the other Forcepoint internal teams during deployment. The Program Manager will own the relationship with the deployment team and share responsibility for their success. He/she serves as an advisor to customers during deployment through a combination of technical consulting and project management skills. Work location: Austin or Dallas TX.
- Diligently does the on-boarding of new implementation projects
- Builds and grows relationships with both Technical staff and Sr. Management from the customer team.
- Collaborates with Product Management and Engineering teams in Forcepoint to communicate product improvements identified during deployment activities.
- Conducts at a minimum a weekly call with each of their accounts to understand deployment status and risks.
- Performs a quarterly review of the deployment team.
- Owns, drives and tracks deployment team escalations with engineering and Tech Support
- Contributes to the KB based on deployment lessons learned and unique issues experienced for any of their deployments.
- Develops and mentors other Services Project Managers to help improve their technical knowledge, project management skills, customer management skills, etc.
- Works on staying current on both the technology and product fronts.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years in technical product support or information systems environment supporting business-to-business customers.
- At least 10 years of project management experience with 7 years of Program management experience. Experience managing multiple projects in parallel a must. Working knowledge of MS Project. PMP preferred
- Must have experience working directly with Enterprise Customer Support supporting Business customers.
- Demonstrated experience in a technical customer support environment
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues at a high level to determine appropriate path to resolution.
- Strong personal drive for ensuring customer success with a proactive focus.
- Strong background in a dynamic, problem solving, customer service environment.
- Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both team and executive level management.
- Must be capable of dealing confidently and professionally at the executive level with Customers.
- Must be a team player and build good working relationships across all functions.