Job Summary: Manage Sea Control Mission Area portfolio of efforts that employ remote sensing capabilities to address unique challenges associated with Navy and IC maritime targets and related signatures. Execute day-to-day program management responsibilities for on-going efforts, coordinate internal investment strategies, lead cross-campus collaboration with other Mission Areas and Sectors, and guide the team's strategic business development, including proposal activities.
- Manage existing and establish new sponsor relationships to include frequent travel to/from sponsor locations throughout DC metro area. Responsible for the successful execution of multiple contracts and preparation of follow-on proposals to capture impactful efforts. The Maritime Remote Sensing PM is responsible for successfully maintaining an effective security posture for the program's activities across multiple facilities. Ensure that Laboratory and Mission Area quality expectations are reflected in the program's work products and deliverables. (50%)
- The dynamic tempo of the Maritime Remote Sensing program requires frequent generation of white papers and/or rapid concept formulation to enable emerging mission objectives or to overcome realized operational challenges. Capitalize on campus-wide sponsor/partner organization efforts to develop a comprehensive Maritime Remote Sensing strategy. Respond to urgent information calls and requests for technical inputs, and serve as technical subject matter expert (SME) to provide advice to the sponsor base. (20%)
- Work with line-side managers to develop and maintain a cross-enterprise team of knowledgeable technical staff, including potential for on-site personnel, to accomplish efforts within the Maritime Remote Sensing portfolio. The existing portfolio includes a number of small efforts coincident with the mission of larger developments. (20%)
- Support the Maritime Situational Awareness Program Area and SCMA strategy formulation. Participate in planning process and pursuit of new initiatives. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
: Required Qualifications:
- MS or equivalent in Aerospace Engineering or related engineering/technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experienceworking with NRO (or NGA) type systems, mission CONOPS and/or sensing techniques.
- Demonstrated relevant project/program management experience, including familiarity with contracting processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage effectively with senior Navy/DoD/IC personnel, including Flag Officer level.
- Strong initiative, motivation and ability to prioritize and execute multiple concurrent tasks.
- Current TS/SCI or higher level clearance.
- Recent experience with DoD and/or IC classified developmental activities.
- Familiarity with sponsoring organizational landscape(s).
- Understanding of Government secure networking and communication protocols.
- Knowledge of naval operations and national systems capabilities.