The Role: The Program Manager, Communications & Marketing, will report directly to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer (CMCO), and will work closely with all members of the department. The Program Manager will serve as a key liaison to all departments including, but not limited to, Development, Finance, Global Legal Programs (GLP), U.S. Programs (USP), IT, the Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning unit, and the Office of the President (OOP) to support the strategic priorities and activities of the office of the CMCO.
The Program Manager will also supervise the Department Coordinator, Communications & Marketing.
This position will be based in New York City.
- Provide high-level strategic support and project management on key internal priorities and projects involving the CMCO, the Deputy Director, and the Communications department;
- Serve as the focal point for driving a project management system and process for all communications projects and major organization-wide initiatives that are led by the Communications Department;
- Responsible for ensuring that communications staff members align and adhere to this system and meet deadlines;
- Under the CMCO’s supervision, coordinate the annual work planning and budgeting processes for Communications & Marketing; coordinate inputs for periodic and institutional reporting; and oversee the department budget, including requests for discretionary funds, managing the quarterly budget reprojection process, and working closely with key staff on their unit costs;
- Responsible for ensuring that all invoices are paid in a timely manner and working closely with the Finance department to ensure that quarterly finances are closed on time;
- Maintain a current and robust understanding of the Center’s programmatic work and institutional workings, including internal and external matters;
- Serve as a key department liaison to other colleagues outside Communications & Marketing (particularly within Finance, Operations, and HR) and as a key systems point person for developing and rolling out process improvements, systems, and tools that support the entire organization while also meeting the Communications Department’s needs;
- Participate in cross-departmental and cross-functional teams as a representative of Communications;
- Supervise and coordinate closely with the Department Coordinator, Communications & Marketing, in their role supporting the day-to-day activities of the office of the CMCO, and delivering quality, high-level department-wide administrative support;
- Monitor departmental needs, including implementing training and professional development opportunities, and assisting with risk mitigation as needed;
- Support CMCO on special projects as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to the Center’s mission, purpose, and values;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required;
- Project management certification preferred;
- 5-8 years of professional experience required, including significant program and project management experience;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion and good judgment;
- Experience supporting executives and senior managers faced with the challenge of prioritizing their time in a complex, faced-paced environment;
- Strong experience in budgeting and budget management;
- Ability to see and understand the big picture and translate into actionable deliverables;
- Experience in facilitating teams through collaborative processes;
- Experience directly managing staff required;
- Proactive and solutions-oriented approach with strong analytical/reasoning skills;
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent computer skills required, including fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and specifically high-level of expertise in Excel and PowerPoint; intermediate Sharepoint knowledge and experience highly desired;
- Dependability, diplomacy, strong organizational skills, extremely high attention to detail, and a sense of humor are necessary;
- Ability to translate technical information for lay audiences;
- Ability to give and receive feedback professionally, and to provide openness and honesty in communications;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment
- Strategic thinking: Applies big-picture thinking while also focusing on the details of implementation.
- Decisiveness: Consistently makes sound decisions in a timely manner supportive of the Center's mission, core values, and strategic objectives. Blends vision and judgment.
- Collaboration: Brings a track record of working effectively with various and diverse individuals and groups, and a willingness to actively listen and invite different views and opinions across all levels of the institution to build alignment in support of a common goal.
- Receives and Provides Direct Feedback: Actively gives and requests feedback to and from peers, supervisors and direct reports (If applicable) about work products, behaviors, values, style and approaches with a view on how this impacts self, other individuals and teams.
- Transparency: Consistently applies openness and honesty in communicating decisions and plans to team members.
- Commitment to learn: Applies a growth mentality to their own and their team’s (if applicable) development. Promotes a culture of learning by modeling inquisitiveness and an openness to viewing mistakes as an opportunity to learn and improve.
- Passion for Coaching, and Mentoring Staff: Empowers and motivates employees and creates opportunities for learning, development, and leadership, with a focus on harnessing skills for the future development of team members. (if applicable)
- Accountability: Follows through on each commitment made to individual contributors, teams and partners and proactively informs others of any delays that occur along the way. Holds team members accountable.
- Integrity: Possesses impeccable integrity and personal and professional values that are consistent with the Center’s high standards and mission.
- Empathy: Serves as an empathetic, approachable leader who engenders trust and confidence. (if applicable)
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Demonstrates comfort with ambiguity and calculated risk
Compensation: The Center offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits program.
How to Apply: Please complete the application below to apply. A cover letter and resume must be included in your application. Please include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.