Our automotive client is looking to add a Program Manager to their team in the Florence, AL area. They are a growing company with a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline required. Master* s degree in Engineering or MBA is preferred.
* 6 to 8 years of experience in program management, design, product development, sales, quality, engineering, and/or manufacturing within the automotive industry.
Ability to monitor several program schedules and balance multiple priorities.
Computer skills using standard business software (including MS Office programs).
* The Program Manager performs in the lead role * the focal point * for product development and launch for both the customer and company.
* Leads Core Team activities, including: planning new program launch; creating project schedules with key milestones; defining each functional area* s deliverables; communicating plans, schedules, and changes; and generating consensus from the team.
* Understands all customer requirements for the project, communicates them to the team, and ensures that the team meets or exceeds them.
* Ensures adherence to project plan and schedule by conducting core team meetings, generating follow-up documents, managing open issues, facilitating team member* s jobs, and soliciting management support in overcoming problems.
* Budgets, tracks, and, controls all project costs in real time, ensuring that all chargeable costs are assigned to the customer, and obtaining management approval for all cost overruns.
* Authorizes and controls changes in the program affecting the agreed to targets and/or objectives.