The Program Manager position is one of three roles in our PMO (Program Management Office): Program Manager, Project Manager, and Scrum Master. The Program Manager is accountable along with the Project Manager for project performance and customer satisfaction. Unlike the Project Manager, the Program Manager oversees the customer account and does not directly plan or manage the project. Program Managers build strong relationships with the customers and ensure consistency in reporting if there are multiple projects for the customer being executed concurrently. The Program Manager provides a single point of escalation across projects and support. They build the relationship with the customer by frequently traveling onsite for meetings, such as quarterly business reviews and for project kick-offs with the other key team members.
What you will be doing:
- Be the point of escalation for the customer, and works with leadership, account management, and the project team to best address the issue raised.
- Drive engagement forward with sales and resource management before a project manager is assigned.
- Evaluate the staffing needs of the proposed pipeline project and participate in the estimation process, by providing Resource management with the roles and duration needed.
- Assist with defining and implementing the account strategy and vision, works with leadership, sales, and account management.
- Work with sales on created project changes requests or identifying new opportunities for the next projects with the customer.
- You understand the project lifecycle and execution plans as they will need to stay informed throughout the project in case of escalations and to report to the customer during on-site quarterly business reviews.
- Report on program performance to leadership and customer stakeholders in regular program/account status meetings.
Who we are looking for: What are qualifications and competencies we are looking for?
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface positively with all levels of management and customers
- The ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment and results-oriented culture with a high degree of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Presentation skills and experience
- Ability to gather, organize and analyze data
- Ability to assimilate new concepts and adapt to change
- Outstanding integrity and strength of character. A presence and demeanor that inspires, motivates, and generates the confidence and respect of others.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology
- Minimum 5 years' experience leading custom software development projects or systems integration projects
- Minimum 2 years' experience in agile software development
- Demonstrated ability to foster and grow professional relationships with clients
- Advanced computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web-based project management solutions.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with people at all levels within a company
- Professional certifications such as PMP, PbMP, PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practioner), or Scrum Master
- Experience with implementation of content management systems