Program Manager ( Firm Fixed Price Contract exp required )
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or related technical discipline plus 12 years or Master's plus 10 years of experience in a technical position. At least 8 years of technical project management experience or Project Management Certification required. At least 8 years management experience required.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 26 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- 10 years experience managing Firm Fixed Price contracts greater than $10M
- Experience managing ship repair or construction programs in a fixed price environment
- Strong understanding of the development of logistics products
- Firm knowledge of and experience using Integrated Master Schedules
- Experience in managing long lead time equipment buys, staging, inspection, protection, and just in time delivery.
- Experience in working with vendors to secure necessary Vendor Furnished Information to facilitate Logistics development
- Firm knowledge of and experience in negotiation of waterfront and Level III changes
- Firm Knowledge of FAR requirements as they relate to ship repair and construction change pricing.
- Experienced in cost analysis of proposals for repair and/or construction of vessels.
- Experienced in cost analysis of change proposals
- Experienced in developing EVMS products and providing analysis.
Army Watercraft experience
Knowledge of Army logistics products
Experience working with Army TACOMcontracts
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the company on assigned program from inception through completion. Manages technical and administrative staff and provides ongoing direction in the performance of the assigned program.
Develops and monitors program plan including time and cost estimates. Ensures project outputs are delivered on schedule and within funding.
Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to program plan and schedule, identifies program problems, and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
Prioritizes workload and determines staffing levels and any adjustments in staffing. Maintains a staffing level to ensure technical quality and appropriate experience levels are consistent with current and projected project activities.
Reviews reports and briefings prepared by technical staff for quality.
Leads technical discussions for project reviews. Prepares and delivers formal briefings.
Ensures that appropriate training is delivered to program staff.
Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customer, subcontractors and other outside agencies.
Acts as primary customer contact for program activities. Regularly meets with and updates the customer on project status. Leads program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
Develops new business or expands business with the customer. Coordinates preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract. Participates in negotiating contract and contract changes.