The Tax Information Reporting department (“TIR”) is the centralized team responsible for Citi’s US tax information reporting functions. Comprising operations and project teams, TIR provides support for Citi businesses globally, covering all aspects of US tax compliance including tax document processing, withholding and reporting.
Reporting through to the Global TIR Program Lead, this role will be responsible for the planning and execution of various initiatives that impact Custody TIR globally. The role will encompass all related program and project management responsibilities including resource planning, budgeting, governance and senior stakeholder management. The role will also encompass analysis of front office, operational and technology issues, definition of corresponding solutions and implementation of these solutions.
The successful candidate will initially focus on establishing a comprehensive governance structure to support controlled and structured implementation of a program of TIR projects for the Custody business globally. This will include responsibility for program/project management andassociated business analysis, and will encompass regulatory, business and process improvement/reengineering-driven projects. Working closely with senior Custody business and operations partners, the successful candidate will liaise and coordinate with bothinternal and external resource supporting the program. As well as managing dedicated project resource located in Tampa, this role will also beresponsible for directing the work of matrix project resource inotherregions.
- Assume full program management responsibilities for end-to-end implementation of all deliverables, including proactive identification and management of risks and issues, programme/project plans, senior stakeholder engagement, scheduling, budget and resource management
- Implement appropriate program governance structure at global and regional levels, including production of appropriate project and programme dashboards and status updates for executive-level stakeholders
- Work with senior business, operations and technology partners to drive out global strategic program plan for Custody TIR, including intermediate/tactical deliverables and longer-term strategic projects across IT and operations
- Ensure work streams and projects meet requirements and are of the appropriate quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Ensure adherence to Citi program and project standards as needed
- Identify key program & project risks and manage to resolution or escalate accordingly
- Coordinate cross business functions (e.g. Operations, Middle Office, Front Office, Technology, Compliance, Tax, Legal, Infrastructure and Finance) and senior management to execute necessary policy, process and technology change.
- Develop individual project artefacts as necessary, including Project Initiation Documents (PIDs), project plans, and RAID logs
- Assist in budget management, including setting project budgets and monitoring burn rates
- Direct line management responsibilities (performance reviews, development, coaching, recruitment, etc.)
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in financial services, 8+ yrs experience in Program Management required.
- Custody PM experience highly desired
- Experience leading multi-country/region projects is required
- Demonstrated career progression to programme management (or multiple project management)
- Credible track record of successfully implementingprogrammes/projects in the financial services industry, preferably in the custody or securities services space
- Proven track record of delivery of major level, multi-streamed programs, encompassing IT and operational process change/improvement is essential
- Experienced in consulting with project stakeholders, including the skills to facilitate compromise and resolve conflicting requirements.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build and foster internal relationships is essential
- Knowledge and a technical understanding of securities processing including product, process and system knowledge is highly desired.
- Experience with a global bank's process & operational environment highly desired
- Experience in working across technology and business projects and managing inter-dependencies
- Direct management of staff (recruitment, performance management, development) required
- High level of proficiency across all aspects of project and program management – planning, monitoring and controlling programs and resources, stakeholder engagement, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions up to senior levels of management (e.g. Director, MD)
- Ability to lead strategic planning sessions, challenge the status quo where appropriate and drive decision-making processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple functions (Front Office, Operations, Compliance, Technology, Corporate Tax and Finance) to ensure communication, collaboration and agreement
- Ability to determine practical solutions to meet tactical needs that align with strategic vision
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile when required
- Ability to work under pressure, manage to tight deadlines and quickly adapt to unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts / requirements and related product / functional knowledge
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Word and MS Project knowledge essential
- Formal PM qualification (e.g. PMP) highly desired