Responsible for the technical and business management of a prime program or programs, acting with the delegated authority of the President. Responsible for interaction with the customer and for financial, schedule, and technical performance on his/her assigned program(s). Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Works on medium to high level of complex programs that require moderate to high levels of NRE. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Receives little to no instruction on routine work and may receive some guidance on the more complex projects.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
- Responsible for building excellent customer relations and customer satisfaction.
- Programs are delivered on-time, in-budget and meet specification.
- Resolves problems using solutions that may involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Reviews, administers, and monitors contract performance.
- Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve medium to complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Forecasts manpower across engineering and support organizations that are engaged in multiple active programs.
- Ensures that internal and external sub-contractors use program management techniques and tools to establish and maintain work schedules to ensure the program milestones are planned and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that customer, suppliers and management are kept informed of program activities and progress through regular written and oral communications, generation of estimates to complete (EAC), meetings and status reports, and by reporting exceptional circumstances immediately.
- Ensures documentation is accurate, complete and controlled.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for assisting in achieving the company’s flight plan.
- Develop and maintain a detailed integrated master schedule
- Coordinate with operations on production schedules and sub-contractor deliveries needed to support the development schedule.
- Understands and employs the Esterline Operating System
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and stand-up presentation.
- Strong program management and people skills.
- Business skills in contracts, negotiations, budgets, and customer relations.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing and Engineering processes.
- Working knowledge of electronic equipment, processes, quality and reliability.
- Working knowledge of MS office products and EVM.
- Must possess leadership skills.
- Must be able to assess program risk (schedule and financial).
- Ability to write proposals, requirements or specifications.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- BS or MS in Engineering or BA or MA in Business Administration
- 10+ years of project management experience or equivalent work experience in an electronic manufacturing environment
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate Company needs. Some travel may be required.