Our Engineering Program Management team is looking for a world-class, highly motivated, hands-on Program Manager to drive the development, manufacturing and launch of our products.
These products involve mechanical, electrical, software, testing, and regulatory compliance, and include (but not limited to) IOT connected devices. The ideal candidate will understand the who, what, and how of system development and will own the execution of the program schedule.
You will foresee engineering schedules from concept ideation to development and mass production. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, creative problem solving, along with a drive to make a difference.
The Program Manager will own documentation and tracking of all programs including definition and execution to stage gate process management, regular cadence of meetings/reviews, reporting, program metrics, and countermeasures.
The candidate will be comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization, in managing conflict, removing obstacles, driving progress, and accountability.
- Work with a cross functional team to manage programs from concept to commercial execution.
- Coordinates closely with project stakeholders and cross-functional teams to document project scope and objectives.
- Integrate business, marketing and technology elements to create a cohesive project vision and team charter.
- Coordinates with multi-disciplinary functions within the organization to maintain and track multiple parallel projects to plan.
- Manages project and product definition activities related to marketing and/or technical requirements.
- Work with the project team to define, assess and mitigate risks that have a major impact on project cost, schedule, investment and technology.
- Execute programs within scope, time and budget.
- Document project activities, issues, concerns and status to keep management informed and enable timely resolution of project problems.
- Ability to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Create schedule, identify critical path, and maintain throughout execution.
- Manages new product development and introductions of electrical, mechanical, software, and firmware products.
- Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule
- Financial acumen to complete required capital appropriation request for the assigned programs.
- Works in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement, Customer Support, Suppliers, etc.) and facilitates the stage gate processes.
- Travelrequired: up to 25% domestic. Occasional international travel may be needed
- BS degree in engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in program management or engineering team management of new mechanical, electrical, and software product development and market introductions.
- Experience working with third party consultants and partners
- Experience with factory manufacturing high volume, high quality consumer electronics
- PMI certification and/or Scrum Master certification
- Experience working with geographically dispersed engineering and business teams
- Agileproject management and methodologies experience
- Experience with Atlassian tool suit or similar system to track development progress and interact with the team.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions.
- Ability to articulate and promote project management best-practices.
- Proficient with project/program management tools such as MS Project and other bug tracking applications
- Knowledge of best practices in software development methodologies, processes, and technologies
- Strong leader with excellent communication, organizational and people skills and the ability to work across functional groups
- Proven track record of managing new product developments through a stage gate process