Program Manager Engineering - Motion Control
This position is responsible for the functional management of an engineering development Project Management department (8-10 project engineers) across multiple sites. Team responsibilities include project management of: engineering process, requirements definition, system design, implementation, design verification, test, and release to manufacturing. Integral to these functions is the responsibility for developing a highly capable, motivated project management team. Functions as a key member of an intra-Business product development team, participating in the creation and execution of product development and delivery strategies.
Overview of Responsibilities:
Recruit, develop, review, and administer salary for project management staff located in Mequon, Eden Prairie, and New York.
Establish and maintain budgets, product development plans, schedules and procedures required to accomplish department and business objectives. This position is responsible for an annual budget of $15 million. Budgets average approximately $10 million/project. Work with peer managers to develop, implement and continuously improve development processes, ensuring quality products delivered in a timely, predictable manner. Keep up to date on technology. Promote the incorporation of relevant technology into products and/or processes. Has project management expertise and in-depth understanding of product development business practices. Defines project team’s resource requirements which support the project's goals with respect to time, budget and quality through negotiation with functional managers.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering, Computer Science or Technical discipline.
- 8 (eight) years experience in program management.
- 3 (three) years experience as a technical lead experience, in industrial automation software or related technical areas.
- Experience should include significant background with large scale system development projects.
- Masters of Science in Engineering
- PMP certification is desirable.