Represent CTS directly to the customer and the voice of the customer (VOC) to the CTS organization. Assemble and lead cross functional PDP or APQP Team for new product development through launch. Assure that all customer requirements,internal metrics and criticaldates are met.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Lead cross functional PDP (or APQP) teams in product and process development activities starting at the business award (or project launch) through to SOP and where required, to the end of product life.
- Ensure team member responsibilities are clearly identified and establish project measure of performance based on business award and other predetermined criteria at start of the project
- Assure “safe launch” through management of the cross functional team and project to meet customer quality and delivery expectations.
- Track and manage the program budget to ensure all financial metrics are met, lead all cost reduction and margin improvement activity where required to meet targets.
- Facilitate completion of appropriate requirements for prototype and production program deliverables.
- Review and update the business case/ project agreement as the program scope changes.
- Manage the customer interface, ensure the right technical and commercial interface occurs with the customer and CTS internal departments when required. Be prepared to communicate and manage the delivery of bad news (internally and then externally) when required by the project.
- Attend and lead customer meetings, ensuring that the project team is fully aligned to the needs of the customer and to ensure that the project remains on track to meet customer and CTS milestones and targets
- Manage program and customer open issues list. Facilitate and manage the completion of action items.
- Gather information necessary to develop cost study and quote to customer
- Assist Sales for follow-up on open commercial issues with customers
- Other job-related duties as requested by the Product Line Manager or Director of Program Management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience in PDP or APQP and PPAP
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Proven experience and interaction with suppliers, customers and Senior Management
- Know how to use MSWindows and MS Office Package especially Excel & Powerpoint
- Understanding of Critical Path concepts for Projects
- Ability to use MS Project and/or other timeline software tools.
- Basic understanding of how our products work and are assembled
- Experience with PCB, electronic components, magnetics, stamping, plastic injection molding, low and high volume assembly helpful
- ERP/MRP system experience desirable
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related field
- 5 years of previous experience as a Program Manager preferably in the automotive industry
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed