Program Manager – Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Senior-level Program Manager to focus on transportation, environmental planning and compliance in the Los Angeles/southern California region.
This newly created position is responsible for managing and supporting environmental compliance, environmental services, and project delivery related to transportation and infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate(s) will possess professional consulting and program management experience, ideally on large transit and transportation projects in California.
The position reports to our San Francisco office but will be located in an office to be opened in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
- Direct and lead management and delivery of contract work orders within the program, on-time and within budget
- Provide program management capabilities, collaborative practices, and problem resolution
- Provide expertise in writing, preparing and maintaining program management plans with particular emphasis on meeting regulatory requirements
- Utilize industry best knowledge and experience in managing programs relating to the implementation of heavy and light rail transit, regional rail, and highway projects, as well as policies relating to vehicles, equipment, and environmental materials
- Maintain and foster relationships with agencies, local governments, community stakeholders, and other consultants/contractors
- Organizing peer reviews and industry reviews, executive partnering, and other strategic activities
- BS / MSdegree in Urban Planning, Public Policy, Environmental Management, Engineering or a closely related discipline
- 15+ years’ of experience as environmental consultant or project manager including client consultation and recent experience managing large government multiple delivery order contracts
- Experience with transportation agencies preferred
- Relevant licenses/certifications preferred (i.e., AICP, PE, PMP, etc.); ENVISION certification a plus
- Understanding of or experience with CEQA/NEPA, environmental planning, environmental mitigation, public outreach, project permitting, and agency consultation
- Knowledge and experience with state and federal environmental laws and regulations
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with managers, staff, team partners, government agencies and the public
- Strong project management, data interpretation, report and proposal writing skills
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to travel to support business needs