This is an exciting position on the Early Talent Team at Thermo Fisher Scientific. The job scope is to manage the early talent programs of ITLDP (IT), DSLDP (Data Science), PELDP (Product Engineering) & SDP (Sales). This role will work closely with interns for those respective programs as well. In addition, this position will work with program stakeholders, senior leaders and assignment managers to provide challenging and robust rotational assignments for all participants.
- Program Management: Manage the day-to-day operations of the functional technology rotational programs including identification and coordination of challenging developmental assignments, participant relocation, expense and budget tracking, provide coaching throughout entire program life cycle including HR support and resources, provide guidance on participant individual goals and development plans.
- Selection: Identify, assess, and lead consensus meetings on functional technology rotational program and sales development program participant hiring decisions through interviewing events or through intern conversions.
- Onboarding: Effective coordination with Talent Acquisition and Assignment Managers to ensure a positive, consistent, and cohesive onboarding experience for all participants.
- Orientation: Plan and execute a consistent new hire orientation for all participants.
- Learning Sessions: Plan and execute various functional learning sessions held throughout program life cycle.
- Performance Coaching and Management: Provide consistent performance coaching, mentoring, and development opportunities with focus on current skills, strengths, development needs, and effectiveness in current role in an effort to build future leadership capabilities in all participants. Ensure all participants are receiving a diversity of experiences throughout the program.
- Program Graduation and Placement: Manage all aspects of the off-program placement process for respective programs which include coordination with Talent Acquisition, HR and Group Talent leads, and stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: Partner with assignment managers, functional business leaders, and executive sponsors by conducting regular stakeholder meetings and communicating relevant metric analysis to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the programs.
- Alumni Engagement: Engage program alumni as key resources in connecting with program participants through various outreach opportunities.
- Project Lead: Lead projects as needed relative to early talent development and involvement.
- Team Structure: Reports into Senior Director, Early Talent Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required. Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in an HR related field including Talent Management. Talent Acquisition experience recruiting on college campuses preferred.
- Familiarity with Human Resources practices and procedures and experience with employee relations.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong business acumen with the demonstrated ability to build integrity and trust.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to see the big picture as well as design and execute details and tasks.
- Effective people management, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to adapt to shifting priorities; ability to think logically and work independently; demonstrated team player; ability to build strong internal and external relationships; possess a creative and continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships, work effectively and influence across all levels in the organization.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- The role can be based in Waltham, MA, Pittsburgh, PA, Carlsbad, CA, or other mutually agreed upon location in the US.