Our Program Management Team is seeking a Senior Program Manager. You would be responsible for the overall success of each program such that business goals and objectives are met. You would also support programs with varying levels of complexity and may be expected to manage multiple complex programs at one time.
The essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Provides day to day management of the following with minimal oversight:
- Manages full product management life cycle for the implementation of both product lines as well as related technology development efforts. This includes proposal support, program baseline planning and kickoff, execution as well as closeout activities.
- Maintains all aspects of project/program management including (but not limited to): budgeting, planning and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development, resource planning, allocation, and prioritization, dependency tracking, risk identification, quantification, and mitigation, reporting on technical and programmatic status at all levels within and external to the organization, managing internal execution to ensure alignment with set priorities and customer expectations, and ensuring progress and signoff gates are managed and successfully completed.
- Ability to manage programmatic aspects of staff augmentation including temporary employees (e.g. QualStaff, etc.) as well as subcontractors, partners, and vendors.
- Communicates and follows policies, system monitors, and controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all corporate initiatives overseen by the PMO.
- Provides both oral and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues, and makes recommendations on project decisions at program reviews.
- Actively identifies and plans for allocation of resources within the program(s) to meet work fluctuations, program, and company priorities as well as budget and time constraints in the delivery process.
- Understands Security guidelines and policies, follows proper data and material handling IAW set guidelines as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Finance, or related field from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with scheduling proposals, project controls, financial analysis, cost account management.
To be considered for this position, you would need to meet, at a minimum, the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed here:
- Manages multiple programs with a high-level of complexity in collaboration with PEs.
- Aptitude to learn and comprehend technical Aptitude to learn and comprehend technical communications and vernacular, and the ability to understand complex concepts, systems, and abstractions.
- High level understanding of the program's goals and intended delivery.
- Increasing knowledge of company products, market and industry norms and trends, and valuable information regarding customers.
- Ability to manage multiple schedules simultaneously, self-manage and adjust priorities, and keep internal and external customers up to date on program status at all times.
- Strong financial acumen and strong knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Ability to convert developmental milestones into calendar time within realistic expectations.
- Process-oriented and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems in collaboration with PE and execution team. Knows when to escalate problems/issues/concerns as appropriate.
- Exceptional organization skills and autonomously manages assigned workload, providing updates on major projects periodically.
- Strong initiative and a proactive work ethic.
- Trustable judgement and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship building and maintenance skills.
- Tough minded and firm on principle, but able to be flexible in tactics/execution, ability to engage in critical discussion without personalizing outcomes.
- Possesses a positive attitude and puts forth effort to motivate program team members to focus on success and deliver excellence.
- Strong in Microsoft Suite Applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project, Visio, and Access Database.
- Ability to learn and utilize specific financial and program management tools (e.g. Cyberquery, Journyx, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.