As the Program Manager over Data Governance, you will be responsible for scoping, building, and partnering with cross-functional teams to run a Coinbase Data Governance program that improves data quality and usage while reducing risk.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job responsibilities)
- Drive the rollout of Coinbase’s Data Governance Operating Model, with a focus on data transparency and protection of sensitive data across policies and standards, metrics, processes, and data architecture.
- Define the requirements, content, structure, and objectives of data governance programs, aligning with cross-functional teams such as Security, Finance, Data, Engineering, and IT to achieve company goals.
- Collaborate with architects and subject matter experts to implement a data management framework for local and global product consumption.
- Create and track execution metrics to communicate program health, using quantitative and qualitative data.
- Support an enterprise-wide steering group of senior business, engineering, and IT leaders to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from business and functional data governance representatives.
- Coordinate cross-functional stakeholder groups to make decisions about the team’s data and digital tools.
- Work with data governance leads to ensure adherence to a standard process for defining, monitoring, enforcing, and maintaining contract agreements between data consumers and data providers.
- Track and work with teams to update all global data policies, standards and rules, analytics and metadata tools, leveraging the Coinbase GRC tool when needed.
- Develop general, team- and tool-specific training programs and serve as a subject matter authority for data governance education and awareness.
- Maintain regular communication with key stakeholders and ensure execution roadmaps and compliance dashboard remain current as business needs or priorities or requirements change.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements)
- 8+ years of experience working with Customer Experience analytics
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience collaborating on projects involving multiple teams, managing stakeholder relationships, and presenting to different levels of stakeholders
- Passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission.
Nice To Haves (ie. preferred qualifications)
- Financial technology industry experience
- Experience working in a regulatory environment with knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends.
- Experience working directly with systems architects to implement complex systems at scale
- Knowledge of cloud-native environments such as AWS
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.