- 10 years of global project management experience.
- Experience with the operation of data center, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, power, nuclear, or other 24X7 mission critical industries.
- Experience in a relevant discipline such as critical operations, maintenance, controls systems.
- Experience in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling and achieving objectives on schedule within budget.
- Customer service experience, with the ability to work withinternal customers and partner organizations and to address any challenges.
- Understanding of current deployment process and server floor rack technologies.
- Demonstrated track record of self direction with the ability to drive execution with limited direct supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Program Manager for Data Center Operations Deployment, you'll be the primary Data Center Operations global point of contact for machine deployments. You will work directly with a cross-functional team to support both existing and new initiatives in machine deployment and turn-up. This team will include cross functional partners such as Global Capacity Delivery(GCD), HWOPS, platforms, and DCS and be responsible for small, medium, and large deployments.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Act as the Global Data Center Operations point of contact for datacenter deployments. Build and manage a small central team that works directly with the global data center fleet improve deployment performance.
- Establish a workflow and resourcing model to enable the Data Center Operations team to meet the business need of machine deployment. Communicate new process to stakeholders and provide technical input to develop training to Data Center Operations on new processes and procedures.
- Set and improve SLA/SLO’s associated with deployments for the Data Center Operations organization.
- Develop and then run monthly reporting on SLO misses and communicate these to the global Facility Manager team. Use monthly reporting and other deployment metrics to understand things slowing deployment and then build and implement strategy to resolve these challenges.
- Provide technical input to stakeholders for ongoing maintenance and repair strategy of server floor rack and power equipment and assist individual Data Center teams with deployments by providing advanced notice, and technical expertise.