$150K — $200K *
News Corp is looking for a Program Manager resource to join the Corporate Technology team as a consultant to lead medium to large data-focused programs from inception to implementation. You will initially have joint reporting into the SVP, Global of Programmatic/Ad Technology and the Chief Data Officer, as well as support other technology executives on a range of programs related to our transformation initiative.
The person in this role will provide Program Management coordination, communication and oversight for the development of cutting edge, data driven infrastructure and products to help drive the News Corp Global strategy and digital revenue. You will drive program execution, review progress and outcomes, evaluate risks to timely completion of deliverables, and facilitate faster and more efficient decision-making. You will lead coordination and alignment with internal/external stakeholders, including various Business Units (such as Dow Jones and News Australia) across News Corp.
You will be responsible for supporting NewsCorp’s buy/build/partner evaluation
methodology; ensuring coordination between internal/external parties; managing the post decision process, including implementation and testing of the chosen path; BU implementation efforts coordination and alignment with interrelated initiatives.
Of particular importance will be a passion for program management combined with the ability to rapidly and effectively communicate complicated issues and related data into concise and actionable information for senior Technology and Business Unit leadership.
This role is based at company headquarters in New York City. Due to the Covid-19
pandemic the role will remain remote at this time.
● Develop an understanding of the key business deliverables required for each program and the associated dependencies
● Engage with stakeholders to prioritize work and drive milestones; ensure that
project expectations are developed and met on time, within budget, and to specification
● Prepare clear and transparent reporting of program/project status for senior leadership
● Manage dependencies within and across programs associated with program
delivery on a technical and detailed level
● Identify, manage and monitor remediation of any potential risks and imped-ments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality. In addition, enable appropriate escalation of any item that may impact timely delivery or cause a change to
agreed scope of program/project
● Manage relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
● Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
● Ensure general process escalation, communication, and coordination with
various stakeholders (internal/external) with timely access to data/materials and
● Work effectively with internal departments (Operations, Engineering,
Architecture, etc.) to develop effective execution strategies that promote a strong
cross-functional relationship and timely delivery
● Collaborate with other Program Managers, Scrum Master and Project Managers
to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to
● Bachelor’s degree in management or related fields of study
● 10+ years direct work experience in a Project/Program management capacity
● Consulting or Project/Program Delivery experience in the Media industry,
especially knowledge of the Identity, Data and Advertising digital components
within the media industry is desired, but not mandatory
● Demonstrated history of seeing the big picture, driving change and managing for
results while executing against multiple competing priorities simultaneously
● Experience of managing multiple stakeholder groups with differing requirements
● Ability to inspire trust, influence others, promote collaboration and motivate with
demonstrated ability to work with all levels of internal and external management
● Skilled at building and maintaining relationships with strong interpersonal skills.
● A self-starter with ability to independently manage work and drive multiple
● Familiarity with concepts, practices, and procedures within media digital
innovation pertaining to AdTech, Identity, Mobile, Video, Content, Data etc. is a
Valid through: 3/3/2021