The Engineering Program Manager will lead a team of 3 or more Sr. Project Managers within a product line to plan and execute the continually innovative Crestron product roadmap.
The team reporting to the program manager consists of senior level project managers who have extensive experience in product development. They each own the project from inception until product launch; working with and leading the cross-functional teams to derive solid project plans that are highly successful and following through with successful execution strategies.
The program manager will own the entire product line roadmap as it relates to planning, execution and communication of status and strategies to the product teams and executive leadership.
- Serve as the leader to a team of Project Managers - guiding and mentoring to ensure business needs are met with outstanding project planning and performance.
- Serve as driving force behind implementing agile process and consistency across multiple product lines.
- Serve as the primary focal point for project information to the Company for multiple product lines. Must be comfortable and concise reporting to executive management.
- Ability to manage multiple rapid development cycles and respond well to change.
- Develop and present strategic plans for achieving the business goals.
- Assist the team in the developing detailed project plans, specifying goals, objectives, strategy, scope, budget, scheduling, risk mitigation strategies, approach, deliverables, timelines, and work breakdown structures for all project assignments.
- Build strong relationships with all disciplines that are part of the product launch, including manufacturing, supply chain and operations.
- Resolve conflicts related to cost, schedule, performance, prioritization, and technical uncertainties.
- BS Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Deep knowledge of hardware and software development lifecycles
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management methodologies
- Ideal candidate will have combined experience of at least 10 years within the high-tech electronics industry; in the capacity of a design engineer and, later, as a project manager or project lead
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously from concept, design to new product introduction
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as negotiation skills
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills along with experience with MS Project, Project Server, Jira and MS Office Suite
- MS Engineering Management and/or PMP certification
- Firmware design, development and management experience a plus