Wolfspeed (Cree's Power & RF division) is fast growing and is one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride (GaN) wafers and devices for RF communications, radar and electronic warfare. The RF Program Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of RF and Microwave U.S. government R&D contracts and DoD prime contractor GaN MMIC Foundry subcontracts.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. If you’re someone who refuses to settle for ‘good enough’ and believes in achieving the impossible, then we want you. We offer a dynamic and diverse environment as well as an opportunity for your creativity and problem solving skills to thrive! Additionally, you get to work with some of the smartest and most innovative people in the industry.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Manage all aspects of RF and Microwave GaN device development programs. This includes schedule generation and management, cost planning, cost control, and revenue forecasting
- Serve as a direct interface with government program monitors and contractor program managers
- Actively seek out and develop new business opportunities
- Manage proposal teams and oversee proposal generation
- Manage program reviews and prepare review material as required
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure program success, including contracts, finance and operations to name a few
- Work with program security personnel to ensure program security, physical security, and ITAR/Export requirements are maintained
- Work with security personnel to generate new program operational security plans and procedures as required
What you need for success:
- BS with 10 years experience, or an MS with 5 years experience in ElectricalEngineering, Mechanical Engineering, and/or Physics or equivalent in management of RF/microwave technology programs
- Must have experience with GaAs or GaN MMIC Technology (familiarity with design, fab, test processes)
- Must be a US Citizen (incumbent subject to US Government screening for Department of Defense Security Clearance)
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- BS Degree in EE, ME or Physics with 5+ years or equivalent experience in the management of RFtechnology programs using MMIC-based amplifier technology
- Prefer previous GaAs or GaN MMIC Design experience
- GaAs or GAN T/R Module design experience
- Acitve DoD Security Clearance (Secret)
- Demonstrated ability in cost, schedule, and proposal management
- Knowledge of microwave circuit design and/or related semiconductor design experience
- Excellent communication and team management skills
- Previous management experience of DoD laboratory R&D programs (ONR, AFRL, ARL) desired
Requisition ID 2017-4545