Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Execute mission and income programs for an assigned portfolio of corporate/employer accounts. Serves as a connection point for account managers and support & fulfillment staff at the Corporate Center to ensure the delivery of quality programs. Ensures goal achievement through effective leadership, working with a team of corporate implementation specialists.
• Manages to timelines and meets or exceeds objectives for a regional portfolio of corporate program execution efforts.
• Able to interact effectively with representatives of all levels from Fortune 1000, large corporations, community leaders, and distinguished partners.
• Responsible for corporate program support, fulfillment completion, and customer satisfaction metrics.
• Assists with CEOs Against Cancer (CAC) Chapter, Coaches vs. Cancer, corporate initiatives, wellness programs, and other corporate-based activities, where applicable within a region.
• Delivers impactful programs to corporate accounts by providing support for on-the-ground activities.
• Manages the successful execution of program details such as sending invitations, training, information gathering (e.g. for payroll deduction), setting up programs and speakers, handling meeting logistics.
• Assists Sr Mgr, Corporate Account Operations with relationship management, working directly with designated representatives from our accounts to identify and track success metrics, plan the implementation, and monitor success throughout the lifecycle of a program.
• Assists with driving mission and income program participation with accounts and their employees (e.g. wellness activities).
• Monitors and evaluates program success and corporate account satisfaction as applicable.
• Escalates issues or potential risks related to a program or account relationship.
• Assists the Sr Mgr, Corporate Account Operations to conduct corporate assessments, identifying and executing on the programmatic deliverables and areas of corporate health and wellness focus moving forward.
• Supports the VP, Distinguished Partners to ensure mission, top line, and bottom line goals are reached as well as compliance with enterprise policies.
• Builds strong relationships and directly collaborates with staff within the Distinguished Partners team to leverage external affiliations and accomplish shared goals.
• Collaborates with Sr Mgr, Corporate Account Operations and other peers on approaches to meet income and mission targets for ACS and the account and to improve processes and policies to make ACS more efficient, effective, and easier with which to conduct business.
• Partners with enterprise support and fulfillment teams for the successful execution of corporate and employer events.
• Responsible for meeting shared objectives and goals, and exchanging innovative ideas, best practices, successes, and lessons learned.
• Works in partnership with ACS CAN, including efforts to increase ACS CAN membership.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, related field, equivalent or comparable specific work experience. Preferred three years’ experience successfully accomplishing activities for corporate programs and events for a multi-million dollar organization.
Experience should extend to working in a team environment, and in a role related to program/project management and implementations.
Demonstrates the following Corporate Relations Competencies:
• Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Builds networks - Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Business insight - Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
• Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
• Situational adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Strategic mindset - Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
• Experience working in a program or project management setting is preferred.
• Proven relationship building skills, able to work effectively with teams and individuals to achieve goals.
• Able to manage and motivate diverse groups and individuals, and work successfully as a leader in a team environment.
• Outcome driven with strong project planning and organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, supporting multiple account managers, and tracking to time lines.
• Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and takes responsibility for delivering on organizational commitments.
• Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
• Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
• Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing, negotiating, and resolving issues with constituents as they arise.
• Ability to respond appropriately and effectively to changing circumstances and priorities.
• Proficient in computer-based applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Some travel required
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.