Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
At Google we are committed to improving the lives of as many people as possible. One of the most important areas in which we are striving to do that is health.
Our team includes experts who are leveraging expertise in AI, hardware, products, and more to solve the big challenges in healthcare to help people lead healthier, more productive lives. This team works closely with other groups within Google and across Alphabet.
You will develop, manage, and implement compliance programs in the Health to ensure we are following the policies, guidelines, and the laws and regulations that impact our innovative projects with an eye towards continuous improvement, and ensure the business achieves its goals consistent with the law and the company's expectations.
Working closely with the central compliance and other compliance teams, you will join a community of experienced compliance leaders to advocate an enterprise-wide culture of compliance.
Google Health has made major advances in healthcare research, such as detecting eye disease more quickly and accurately than experts, planning cancer radiotherapy treatment in seconds rather than hours, and working to detect patient deterioration before it happens with electronic records.
Fundamental research is at the core of Google Health - the multidisciplinary team collaborates with partners to publish novel research in renowned scientific journals. They then work to apply this research into the medical field, whether through Streams, our clinical assistant app, or other clinical hardware and products developed in Google. Working alongside colleagues across Google, you'll help make this vision a reality.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of compliance, risk management, or legal experience in healthcare audit roles.
- Experience developing and implementing monitoring programs
- Experience with Google Data Studio or a similar visualization and analytical tool
- Post-graduate degree or certifications such as JD from an accredited law school, Master's of Business Administration (MBA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Compliance and Ethics Professional Certification (CCEP)
- Compliance, risk management, and/or legal experience at a major medical device or other healthcare company
- Proven ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams and influence others without direct authority
- Assist as the Health compliance lead in overseeing compliance risk assessment and policy/procedure management processes, including planning, maintenance and execution. - Develop and lead the Health compliance monitoring and analytics program, including creating, evaluating, and continuously improving the monitoring strategy, methodology, reporting, approach, and structure. - Collaboration with stakeholders to interpret monitoring observations, determine the root cause, craft remediation and track remediation implementation. - Communicate emerging issues, influence and assist business/process owners to ensure continuous improvement of the program and controls and adopt processes that will help grow the business in a compliant manner. - Prepare executive materials for compliance discussions and communications within Health.