Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
The Program Manager will guide our innovative design teams developing complex cutting-edge satellite communication products. You will be responsible for managing the design, development, qualification, test, and delivery of products intended for use in space applications. You will be responsible for leading and managing the execution of these products through leadership, planning, scheduling, risk management, financial reporting and budgeting. This position has ultimate responsibility for meeting required deliverables ensuring product performance/quality, cost, and schedule requirements. You should have a proven track record of leadership, problem solving, performance analysis & metrics (EVM), making trade decisions, utilizing formal program management processes (PMI PMBOK).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Manage execution of multi-faceted satellite based RF communication program involving RF, Digital, ASIC, Electronic Modules, Test Systems, and High Volume Manufacturing
• Develop and manage schedules that reflect timeline required for successful project execution. Deviations from plan will be managed through exploring alternative options to minimize impact to overall program
Leading Data-Driven decision making with its impacts on financial returns, user experience, and reliability
• Working closely with operations and supply chain teams to enable a successful transition of new products into production
• Provide development financial/performance/schedule tradeoffs to product management and business leaders to facilitate sound decision making
• Leading cross-functional and geographically dispersed technical teams on complex product developments to ensure delivery of quality products in a timely and cost efficient manner.
Key Attributes for Job Success
• Ability to influence others without possessing direct authority
• Superior organization and communication skills
Quickly assess situations and determine the most efficient, productive path forward
• Willingness to place company’s needs above self
• Bias for action while balancing need for data driven decisions
• Strong Technical Acumen
• Tenacity as evidenced by dogged determination to obtain results
• 8+ years of experience in a similar role
• Demonstrated experience driving the development effort of products/projects of similar complexity, size, and scope.
• Experience and ability to influence and lead
• Experience managing utilizing Earned Value Techniques
• Proficient in MS Excel Office Suite and MS Project
• Bachelor's degree in engineering
• U.S. Government Position. U.S. Citizenship Required.
• Up to 25% domestic travel
• Experience with developing, building, and integrating and testing space flight communication HW
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
8 plus years
Up to 25%
US Citizenship Required