The Program Manager is responsible for successful completion of product development programs that deliver value to Avid and to our customers. The primary responsibility of the Program Manager is to facilitate cross-functional execution of programs throughout their lifecycle -- from ideation, through implementation, to commercialization. The Cloud Program Manager is responsible for delivery of cloud-enabled product offerings, (including Software as a Service) spanning several of Avid’s core product lines. In addition, the Cloud Program Manager will drive definition and implementation of key business processes and systems to enable Avid’s cloud business.
Cloud programs encompass one or more releases of software aimed at enabling new workflow and deployment capabilities for our customers, while unlocking new revenue opportunities for Avid. The Program Manager’s primary goal is to ensure that cross-functional teams remain fully aligned to successfully deliver on their commitments, maximizing the commercial impact of each program. The Program Manager role is a highly visible one at Avid, with influence that spans all departments and levels within the company, including senior management.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitates successful completion of programs and associated product releases, on time and on budget.
- Leads cross-functional teams to drive programs from concept through implementation to commercialization.
- Plans and coordinates the delivery of each program and its activities in alignment with the business objectives.
- Ensures product lifecycle processes and scrum/agile methodologies are followed in accordance with Avid’s guidelines, coaching program teams on compliance and best practices.
- Enlists engagement from all cross-functional program participants to contribute to the implementation of living project plans. Builds positive working relationships with others.
- Promotes within Avid the mission of each program to foster alignment to a shared vision.
- Initiates ad hoc communication and leads formal program reviews to ensure that programs stay on track.
- Collaborates with functional leads to identify and manage interdependencies between teams and functions.
- Identifies risks and issues, escalating as necessary to ensure rapid resolution. Expedites the return of off-track programs to on-track status.
- Coordinates regular status updates and executive reporting.
- Promotes a culture of agility, transparency, teamwork, customer-focus, and productivity.
- Solid program and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Pro-active leadership style -- comfortable initiating and taking action to drive issues to resolution.
- Adept at creative problem solving, risk mitigation, and resolution negotiation.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Facility with project information systems, including planning tools, collaboration infrastructure, and product development tracking systems.
- BS/BA degreerequired, technical major preferred.
- Five years’ work experience in the technology sector required.
- Five years project or program management experiencepreferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or similar cloud technology, and cloud business practices is preferred.
- Experience with audio products and technology preferred.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, globally distributed environment.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective team leadership skills.
- PMP, CSM, CSPO certification is a plus.