The Program Manager provides program management expertise to ensure multiple business level projects are planned, organized, controlled and delivered within a Program portfolio working directly with project sponsors. Program efforts have a larger scale and impact than most individual project efforts. Typically these efforts involve several parallel projects, subject matter experts, managers and key stakeholders. The outcome(s) of a program effort may have a significant impact upon business economics and success of the business strategic plan. These efforts may also consume significant amounts of funding.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing Business Case creation and approval process, including ensuring the program benefits are articulated and agreed with business sponsor and that the program deliverables are capable of achieving the benefits defined in the business case.
- Responsible for program portfolio of complex / critical projects through the entire life cycle. Ensure projects are structured, defined, sanctioned and initiated and then responsible for delivery to time, cost and quality. Includes responsibility for full benefit realization and formal closure with Post-Project Implementation Review undertaken.
- Responsible for management of full project governance with all projects fully documented in accordance with requirements laid down by Program Office.
- Responsible for provision of timely reports on project status and representing Change Management at relevant Steering groups, Project Initiation Boards and Project Control Committees.
- May be required to provide input to business strategy and prioritization of Program portfolio.
- Regarded internally as a program management expert, providing specialist knowledge and support to project teams to shape business development and resolve business issues. Will ensure that own knowledge is up to date and is reflective of best practice (particularly Business Change Framework)
- Ensure effective team identification of and act as escalation point for program risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies within the program portfolio, working with the team to devise and implement effective mitigation strategies taking corrective action to achieve resolution to the satisfaction of business sponsors
- Manage program resources, including coaching and training & development
- Responsible for formal performance
- 4-6 years of Senior Project Management Experience
- 2-3 years of Program Management Experience
- Proven track record of managing large program end-to-end delivery to time, cost and quality
- Flexibility to work on technology, change and business process programs
- In-depth knowledge and proven application of Program and Project Management methodologies and full project lifecycle including documentation standards, risk, issue, assumption and dependency management and change controls process
- Familiarity with process modeling, workshop facilitation and business analysis
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word
- Organizational awareness required
- There may be a requirement for travel
- Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Infrastructure and/or Enterprise Data experience
- Banking Industry experience
- Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Master’s Degree highly preferred
- PMI Certification preferred
- Scrum Master Certification or equivalent Agile experiencepreferred