In this role, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of projects, ensuring coordination of shared resources, common activities, and other dependencies across projects.
- Develop and manage program financials including forecasting, profitability, invoicing and expense management.
- Maintain the client relationship and keep the client and stakeholders engaged in the project (i.e.: status reporting, issues management, and risk management).
- Partner with the PMO to understand the organization, to determine potential project impacts across the organization, and to tailor the project approach, plan and deliverables accordingly.
- Develop communication plans and facilitate regular meetings including Steering Committee meetings.
- Participate in sales and marketing initiatives including the expansion of existing projects, responding to RFP responses, client presentations and executing Statements of Work.
- Support the development of internal processes, documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Establish the rules and procedures for making portfolio decisions.
- Create and implements PMO best practices, processes and procedures ensuring alignment with SLDC and business processes.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Ability to create unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
- A learning mindset, ready to experience new ideas and situations regularly.
- We want someone who likes to solve problems. Clients don’t come to us when the problem is easy. You should enjoy taking on the hard stuff.
- And because we work with clients, excellent communication skills are important – both written and verbal. Translating technical concepts into layman’s terms is an essential skill.
- Initiative is important. We don’t hand hold – you should be comfortable working independently in an entrepreneurial environment. That said, collaboration is equally important. Our Chicago team and other consultants at Centric will give you an amazing support system. You will lean on them daily.
- Last, but not least, you will need to be solid Program Manager, with at least eight years of experience delivering successful projects in a consulting environment including three years as a program manager. Experience with a variety of methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) desirable. We would also love if you have managed a diverse portfolio of projects over the years - different size projects, domains, business areas, industries, etc.
What makes Centric different?
- Special Culture– Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines – who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each Don’t take our word for it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get glimpse inside what makes us unique.
- Impact– We think of ourselves as big company with a small company feel – a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
- Unmatched Experiences– We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It’s at the root of who we are as a firm and why we’re here.
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging– We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a culture where all people feel like they belong and are respected and valued regardless of who they are, where they are from and what experiences they’ve had. We believe a Centric Together work environment is essential to what we do.
- Innovation– We value passion, determination, perseverance and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
- Passion for the greater good– We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.